Wish you were woe

Wednesday's POV:

I sit at a bench with Bianca and Divina. The three of us eat breakfast in silence, waiting for classes to start as we find ourselves disassociating from the crowded Quad around us. I still can't shake what I saw yesterday.

That was Enid. Enid in her wolf form, and she, along with a huge pack of wolves, was charging at us. When I returned to the dorm a couple of hours ago to change into my uniform, I saw her fast asleep, but I don't buy that she was there all night for a second. My visions always come true. They couldn't have just disappeared, that's impossible.

But they did. They disappeared into thin air and I still can't get over it. None of us can. I figured that nothing scared me, but that was before I joined Nevermore. Now, the very idea of even staying in this school chills me to my very bone, and not in a good way.

"Wednesday!"

I look up to see Bianca, a worried look on your face.

"You just zoned out. I've been calling you for a bit now."

"Oh. Apologies."

I go back to eating my food, confused as to why Bianca was trying to get my attention in the first place.

"WEDNESDAY!"

My head shoots up, slightly startled by her raised voice.

"Yes, Bianca?"

"You can't just ignore me after I call you! You didn't even give me a chance to speak!"

"Here's a tip for you. Next time, try to actually speak."

She scoffs and looks away from me. I go to eat my food again.

"So what? You're just going to say nothing?"

I look up a final time.

"I thought you were the one that was speaking."

"Do you always have to be so blunt?"

"Do you always have to be so inept?"

She gives me her best attempt at a death glare. I look right back at her, not backing down for a second... if I could, that is. I feel almost transfixed in a way, like I need nothing more but to just stare into Bianca's ocean blue eyes. They draw me in like how nectar draws in bees during the summer when the smell of pollen is the most pungent. We do this often, I realise, but I find it hard to care. I get snapped out of my... trance when Enid comes skipping along to the table.

She beams brightly at me.

"Hey, besties! Here's to a wonderful first day at a brilliant school filled with the best people in the world! Especially you, Wednesday."

I stare up at her, unable to form a response, so just stay silent. It had to have been her last night. It just had to have been. Bianca speaks up, for whatever reason.

"Where were you last night, Enid?"

She blushes before responding. Gross.

"Oh! I was at Ajax's place! That's why this uniform looks so big on me, actually."

What? But I saw her asleep in our dorm. This confirms a lot of unanswered questions.

"I saw you in the dorm earlier today. You were sleeping."

Beat

"No I wasn't? Me and Ajax pulled an all nighter, so even if I was in the dorm, I wouldn't be asleep."

...What.

"You mean Ajax and I-"

Bianca cuts me off, and I find that I do actually shut up, for whatever reason.