I See The Light

Description: After being grounded for dyeing her hair pink, Astrid cannot go to and see the fireworks at the annual fair in Berk City. For Runa Ingerman, it's a clear case! Magic hair that got her locked up and doesn't allow her to see the lights? - That's the story of Rapunzel, and someone has to free her from the tower.

The moment the doors of the bus opened in front of her and she caught sight of her best friend, Astrid rolled her eyes. Why did life always have to seem like a photo shoot for him?

All Hiccup was doing was leaning against the streetlight at the bus stop, carrying his backpack casually over one shoulder and looking at his phone. Everyone else would just look bored and plain doing so. Hiccup looked like he had just arisen from the cover of a fashion magazine, and it seemed like Astrid wasn't the only one thinking that way because several girls turned their heads to look at him when they walked past him.

There were always girls turning their heads to look at him, no matter what he did. Astrid had noticed that during the long time she had been friends with Hiccup now, it was annoying. Of course, she got that he was handsome and everything, but couldn't these girls just even walk by without staring at him like he was Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds, whoever was the more handsome one?

Taking in a deep breath, Astrid moved her fingers through her hair almost a little bit nervously before she dismounted the bus. From the corner of her eyes, she could see several faces turning in her direction. The way they looked at her made her smile because it was exactly the reaction Astrid had hoped for. Only Hiccup, whose reaction she was looking forward to the most, was still looking at his phone.

"Hey, can I crib your English homework?" he asked, still not looking up. "I didn't have time to finish it yesterday. I just need the end for my essay."

"Sure," Astrid replied. "Always."

"Thanks. You're the best friend I could possibly have."

Astrid nodded, waiting for him to finally look at her, but he was still busy texting. She counted to five in her head which she felt was a fair time to give him before she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You on the other hand are a crappy friend, my friend."

"Hey, I just need to- Whoa."

Starting to excuse his inattentive behavior, Hiccup looked up at her briefly. His eyes had already turned back to the display of his phone when the sight he had been met with seemed to have caught up with him. He looked at her with wide eyes, pushing his phone into the pocket of his pants and tugging at some of her bright strands of hair.

"Your hair is pink."

"My hair is pink," Astrid replied with a chuckle. "On a scale from one to ten, how crazy and yet cool is this? What do you say?"

"A definite ten." Hiccup's smile widened. "It's really cool."

"Thank you."

Astrid smiled proudly. She had always dreamed of coloring her hair in a crazy color. During her visit to the hairdresser's yesterday, she had finally decided to finally do it. Her hair had been long enough, so if the pink ends looked terrible, she could have just cut them off. She was more than happy with the result though.

"I still can't believe it." Hiccup chuckled, combing his fingers through her hair and shaking his head. "The craziest thing you've ever done was adding a braided strand to your hair and now this. Why did you do this? How did you get the idea?"

"I figured that sometimes it's good trying something new." Astrid shrugged her shoulders before she nodded toward the school building. "Let's go to class, so you can still crib my homework."