0.2 - 247 days before

I check my watch again as I walk into the library, a small smile on my lips as the smell of new books hit my nose. I grab a random book from the new box and head back to my spot.

"Lucas." A voice calls and my shoulders immediately tense. "I've been waiting." She giggles as I round the corner.

I sigh, quite loudly and I'm so absolutely frustrated with her at this point that I'm ripping her head off. In my mind of course.

I close my eyes tightly for a moment before looking at her. "'Mystery girl'" I roll my eyes.

"I see you got my note." She says with a shit-eating grin and I just want to slap it off her stupid little face. In my mind, of course.

I don't say anything, I just sit down. In my spot. And read my book.

"Silent treatment, eh?" The girl quirks an eyebrow, looking at me. "What are you reading?"

"None of your business." I whine like a child, annoyed by simply her presence.

"Never heard of it." She says sarcastically, shooting a glare my way. "Hey, just wondering, would you want to go get coffee with me sometime?"

I look at her, my eyes hooded in boredom. "No." I say, looking back at my book. Next time I'll have to bring headphones. 

The girl's stature changes completely. Going from overly confident to shy and conserved. I feel kind of bad for a moment before I remember how annoying she was yesterday. 

She stays quiet for a while, I almost think she's asleep until one of her legs move out from underneath her. "Bye, Luke." She mutters, shoving her book in the shelf behind her and walking out of the library. I frown, watching her silently.

---------

I walk home somberly, the color of the sky making it hard to have a decent day. I feel bad for being so rude to the girl, but she's just so annoying. I don't think I could handle being around her longer than I am already at the library. I pass a frozen yogurt shop and smile faintly. Something sweet sounds pretty good right now. 

I wait though, remembering a small bakery a little bit away from our flat building. I take a deep breath once I arrive outside the bakery, a small grin appearing on my face once more. I've always had a sweet tooth, but I haven't eaten many sweets lately.

There are some rambunctious teenagers inside, but other than that, it's a nice shop. "How can I help you?" And elderly man asks.

"Do you have banana nut muffins?" I ask shyly, scratching the back of my neck.

"Of course. I'll have that right out. Do you want it warmed?"

"Yeah, that would be great." I smile gently, pulling my wallet from my back pocket.

"Hey, gramps." A girl says, making my head snap up. She has her back to me and she's tying a apron around her waist. She must be the owners granddaughter.

"Oi, Storm! Bring me a coffee will ya?" A boy calls from behind me with an extremely strong accent. I turn around, surprised when he doesn't look very British at all. His skin is a deep caramel color and his hair looks like he just came from the ocean.

"Come get it yourself, Ashton." The girl pipes up from behind the counter, laughing and walking to the back again. The "Ashton" boy walks behind the counter, grabbing a cup and filling it with coffee. He snags a scone while he's back there. 

"Hey, man. I've never seen you here before." He says to me, raising a single arches eyebrow. 

"Um, yeah... I just moved here."

"Really? From where? Your accent is strong but I can't pick it up."

"Australia." I shrug, sighing thankfully when the old man resurfaces from the back.

"No kidding? My friend Michael is from there. Maybe you know him? Mike! This guy is from Aussie!" He yells and I wince, paying the older man for my muffin. 

"You're shitting me? Where in Australia, mate?" The guy I presume to be Michael yells from behind me.

"Sydney." I say, quietly, thanking the old man and turning around.

"Really? Me too!" Michael walks over to me, blocking my only exit. "My friend Calum is from New Zealand, so he sucks. But you, you're a real Aussie, huh? Blonde hair and everything. You're a little noodle boy, though, aren't you?" The boy laughs, nudging my shoulder. 

"I guess..?" I shrug, looking at him awkwardly. "You're awful quiet, too. You'll warm up, though. I'm sure we'll see you a lot more." He winks at me and I furrow my eyebrows.

"How would you know that?" I ask him, genuinely confused.

"Well, I assume you came here because of Storm, right? She's hot, but you've got some competition. Ashton's dating her right now. They're off and on, though, give it time." He smiles, patting me on the back.

"I don't know who "Storm" is." I shake my head, stepping around him.

"Oh, well, you will." Mike smirks, nodding his head at me. "See you around...."

"Luke. My name is Luke." 

"Alright, Luke, see you around." Michael laughs, shaking his head as he sits down. "Don't trip over your noodle legs." He nods to me before talking with his friends.

-

this is short im sorry but i felt like updating

so it's kinda just a filler story until chapter 5 when shit goes down but :)))))))) 

~pay