Chapter 9

I let out a deep breath as I fell onto the bed. I was finally done unpacking. Although it didn't take long, I was feeling very lazy, so I didn't want to do anything today. My gaze drifted upward to the plain white ceiling above me. Lost in thought, I reminisced about the events of the previous night. Although I despised Heeseung for what he said last night about Jay and me and for coming so close to me, I found myself loathing my own weakness even more for allowing him to behave in such a manner towards me. I knew that I should stay away from him, but for some reason, when he is here, I can't bring myself to do anything. Every time he was near, my body seemed to freeze and submit to his will, even if I didn't want to. I hated how I couldn't stop thinking about him, even after what he had done. I longed to erase him from my thoughts and my life altogether. After last night, I couldn't sleep nor stop myself from thinking about him. I hated it. He is not someone I want to talk to anymore, let alone think about.

As my attention shifted away from the ceiling, I noticed a figure standing at the door, watching me intently. I couldn't help but chuckle at his presence, finding him endearing.

"Hey," he greeted me with a pleased smile.

I chuckled, finding him charming and cute. He took my laughter at his presence as an invitation for him to join me, and he walked in without hesitation.

"I'm so glad that you're finally here," he exclaimed, his joy evident.

"I can tell," I replied, playfully hitting him on the shoulder as I sat up.

We sat in silence for a while before he joined me on the bed, lying down beside me. I savored the comfort of his presence, finding solace in his company. Heeseung was wrong; being comfortable with someone was not boring. Rather, it is relaxing and healthy. I took a deep breath, relishing the comfort and safety I felt in the air. I closed my eyes and lay down beside Jay, feeling his gaze upon me before turning my head to meet his eyes.

As our eyes locked, he quickly averted his gaze back to the ceiling, trying to hide the intensity of the moment. His sudden shyness made me curious.

"Why are you staring at me?" he asked, his tone filled with uncertainty. "Am I that handsome?" he teased, trying to lighten the mood.

My expression shifted to one of disgust as I faked a gagging motion. "You're so ugly that I can't help but look," I retorted, relishing in the banter.

He finally looked at me again, annoyance etched on his features. I refused to look away; my eyes locked with his in a battle of wills. Soon, his expression softened. We found ourselves staring into each other's eyes with a newfound sense of intimacy.

"Jay," I whispered, his eyes still fixated on mine.

He responded with a small hum, his gaze unwavering. I parted my lips slowly and nervously, signaling my intention, but quickly sat up as I heard someone clear their throat.

I watched as the figure shook his head disapprovingly as he walked into the room. "Trust me, guys, I support the relationship, but still, it's too early to be in bed together," he remarked, causing both Jay and me to roll our eyes in unison.

Jay sat up, looking annoyed at the sudden interruption. "What do you want, Sunoo?" he asked, his voice carrying a hint of irritation.

Without uttering a single word, he handed me my phone, which I had left in the kitchen earlier. He informed me, "Your dad keeps calling," before leaving with a nod of acknowledgment in response to my silent thank-you.

I glanced at the notification on my phone screen: 12 missed calls. I sighed and tossed the phone to the edge of the bed, feeling the weight of my father's demands bear down on me.