People watching - Conan Gray

Jeongin wasn't the type to pay attention to people.

He focused on doing his own business and try not to get stressed over anything that could avoid getting stressed over.

Even like that he enjoyed his life. He had friends (very good ones), had pets which he adored and a good relationship with his family.

He wasn't bullied, nor popular at school. He was just another student, and he had what he considered the "perfect life" because he didn't feel like he was missing anything.

Hobbies, a chosen career, friends, health, family...

Even so, even with all that, he found himself staring at couples. He watched the way people who loved each other romantically fit their hands together and always fit perfectly, that kind of perfect which made them squeeze their fingers in the other's hands.

He used to take his hands together and pretend to hold them as if each one belonged to someone different and got disappointed everytime he didn't feel anything unfamiliar in one of his hands that could surprise him.

He sighed, a weird anxiousness on his stomach and his friends noticed too.

Well, Bang Chan noticed.

He was the kind of paying attention to people. After all, taking care of others was just what came naturally for him.

And so, everytime Jeongin locked his hands together while imitating couples he saw pass by made him want to lend him his own hand to see his reaction.

Chan crushed on Jeongin since years ago, and the way the boy seemed sad over loneliness made him want to scream at him, to yell him that he wasn't alone, that he could hold his hand...

He couldn't help it, Jeongin was so cheerful, lovely, adorable and cute that every time his sparkle faded when he found himself being an spectator with disappointment, a rush crossed his arms so badly that one time, he actually found himself lending Jeongin a hand.

It was just a hand, a small gesture that made Jeongin's eyes sparkle and his cheeks blush as he took hesitantly the hand and locked his hand with Chan's, flinching when the gesture was given back.

This time, his hand felt bigger as he squeezed Chan's. He could feel Chan's warm skin that made him hold into his hand and a wide smile painted his lips.

Chan's lips curved into a half moon as he his gesture was reciprocated by Jeongin's, surprised when he found how bigger Jeongin's hand actually was. How could such a small creature get such big hands!?

They stood there some seconds, maybe a minute before their own eyes locked.

Jeongin later realized that as he locked eyes with the older one, his heart was filled with what had been missing; he found himself being adored by Bang Chan's lovely eyes and comforted by his warm hand.

Bang Chan had a rush that he could later remember as the one that started the race to win his now, lover's heart. Jeongin's sparkling eyes, his cold hand that looked for the comfort of his own with desperation that had him wondering how much that boy actually desired this and his rounded cheeks fading with a baby pink as pretty as a cotton candy created an enormous wave that couldn't be stopped.

They let go of their hands when they were obligated to, and their hands kept on longing for each other's so badly that their owners needed to find that comfort again every time they found each other again, and again, and again.

Soon enough, their hearts and their lips joined them.

One day, while resting his head on his now boy friend's shoulder while holding his hand, Jeongin admired the other couples they found at the park.

This time, a chuckle and a smile found their way out.