CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"I always thought when your heart breaks, it's soundless pain, 

barely noticeable yet it leaves deep scars behind.

I was wrong.

The shattering sound of its breaking will haunt me forever.

For when your heart breaks... it destroys your world.

And how do you live in a world that no longer exists while your organ bleeds and slowly sucks the soul out of you?

Y/N'S POV:

Getting out of the steaming shower, I wrap a towel around myself and let the water drip on the tiled floor while slowly going to the mirror and wiping the fog away, then staring back at my hollow reflection.

Various hickeys, the stamp of ownership Jungkook put on me while whispering illicit things in my ear, mar my flushed skin that's so red and sensitive from all the rubbing I did, hoping to wash away any traces of him yet failing miserably.

At least his scent no longer lingers, and I intend to burn his shirt lying on the floor, a cloth reminding me of my shame and his success.

After all, he managed to seduce the "sheltered, innocent creature" and probably went out to let his brothers know about his victory.

My fists clench, fury zapping through my veins and boiling my blood while the cry in my throat stills, although I want to break something to let my frustration out.

Just this morning, I was the happiest woman on earth, and now I'm a woman scorned, and that's not the worst part.

Oh, no.

I had to go and have a secret relationship with a murderer who wants to hurt my family.

Which means my brother has to know the truth, and just anticipating his look of disappointment hurts me.

So much for disliking Paris. I ended up just like him, bringing trouble home, and my brother has to fix it all for me, since I'm powerless to go against the mafia clan on my own.

"Face the music, Y/N," I order myself and then dry off before slipping on my jeans and hoodie, welcoming the warmth, although it does little to the coldness sinking its claws in my heart. "And confess."

The sooner my brother knows about it, the faster he can do damage control and protect his brotherhood from whatever attack that awful MacAlister clan plans.

I step out of the bathroom just as Antonio, who has known us since we were in diapers, walks in, holding a silver tray with a steaming cup on it and some cookies.

A harsh wind whooshes over me, slipping in from the wide-open balcony door and billowing the yellow curtains back. They slap me on the cheek, making my toes curl into the fluffy white carpet spread all over the floor.

The afternoon sunlight casts a soft glow in my room, showcasing the white, oak bed with countless pillows on it covered by a yellow blanket to match the color scheme. Small lamps occupy the bedside tables.

In the middle of the room, in front of a velvet couch, stands a small, round table covered with several books I snagged from our home library. A bowl of candies is within easy reach.

The room also has a built-in wardrobe holding all my dresses and shoes, serving as a smaller room where I used to hide whenever I wanted to lick my wounds after some teasing at school about my red hair. Yugyeom always found me there and brought me another piece of jewelry.