CHAPTER NINETEEN [21+++++]

JUNGKOOK'S POV:

When a man exists in the darkness for as long as I have, he never takes anything good life has to offer for granted.

Even if he never truly believed in goodness to begin with.

Especially not an angel who fell to his hell and graced it with her light that washes away all the memories and the pain attached to them.

For when a man looks in a mirror and sees the scars inflicted on him, he has no choice but to go back to the past and remember his hideous captors who destroyed his soul.

Yet any destroyed surface has cracks, and through these small openings, Y/N managed to slip inside and slowly, piece by piece, gather my soul together, gluing it back.

While it'll never be whole again, now it has an ability I thought I'd lost forever.

To love.

I've been through some of the shittiest things in my life; however, loving someone, loving a woman, terrifies me in ways I never felt before.

Because a monster cannot live without his love and obsession. We are attached now, always seeking each other out, and it's a terrifying realization to know that something so valuable and vulnerable exists on this earth.

I won't survive if anything ever happens to her, and as such, I will guard her until my last breath.

My gorgeous woman who accepted me with all my flaws and still welcomes me in her arms, ready to face all the challenges of us being together—from social to the fucked-up dynamic our families have—with no care about the consequences.

My most prized possession.

A siren I never expected, because love and happiness are forbidden for the monsters like us.

At least I thought so.

Turns out, even the darkness can crave light that warms the coldness permanently residing in it.

Familiar possessiveness rushes over me in a heated wave, and she moans under my hand when I wrap it around her throat, her pulse beating wildly under my thumb. Despite al l the things I've done to her, she radiates innocence.

Innocent and pure of heart. It would attract all outcast creatures this world hopes to get reprieve from, but I will never allow it.

Other men can admire from a distance, but they will never  touch her or even think about having a chance with her.

"You. Are. Mine," I say, and she exhales a heavy breath as I grin at her, leaning closer and biting her earlobe before whispering, causing goose bumps to pop on her skin while her nails dig into my chest. "Should I punish you for running away today?" I slide my mouth to her neck, nipping on her flesh as she gasps, her thighs rubbing against each other. "How does my favorite and special student apologize to her professor?" She claws my chest, And hissing through my teeth, I squeeze her throat harder, cutting off her oxygen for a second before giving it back to her. "Answer me."

 A beat passes and she swallows, the action bringing attention to her glazed eyes while her chest rises and falls while arousal consumes her.

"With her mouth." She places her hands above mine as she slowly peels it away from her throat, earning herself a growl from me. "She apologizes to him with her mouth." She pushes at my chest a little, making me take a few steps back and giving her room for whatever she wants to do with me.