Chapter 28: Afterparty.

.

.

.

Zoe: So Yeah, I thought he was an alien and eight year old me tried to gather proof.

N: Oh.. So THAT'S why you used to steal your neighbor's underwear..

Aiden: But what kind of proof you wanted from an underwear?

Zoe: I DON'T KNOW! I was a dumb kid okay?

Nathan: That I can agree with.
(N chuckled loudly)

N: Good one.

Zoe: Ha Ha (She laughed sarcastically)
At least I didn't make out with a pillow.

Nathan: No regrets, my kissing skills are OFF the chart.

Saquiyah: Bryan can confirm.
(All of us shared a chuckle.
After dinner we were just hanging around in the living room, sharing embarrassing stories, as you do.
Aiden who was a little drunk was..
How do I put this..? In the mood.)

Aiden: I can confirm too.
(Saquiyah and Titli laughed. While the rest of us nervously giggled.
N was slumped on the bean bag. The three girls shared the couch while I was working on a project on the table with Aiden next to me.
And he was taking FULL advantage of the table.
His hand snaked up on my thigh, teasing me like the way Serpent tempted Eve.
Before I could brush him off, he grabbed my crotch out of nowhere-
With a cough I immediately smacked his hand away. N definitely noticed the sensual energy that was emitting from the table.
Aiden smirked and grabbed the bottle of warm beer that was half empty. Or half full- whichever you prefer.
I snatched it away)

Nathan: Don't you dare take another drop-
(He pouted like the puppy he was but the trick was not gonna work)
Go to bed. Now.

Aiden: Okay mom, I'm tired anyway.
(He took the last chance of teasing me, running his fingers across my arm as he got up.)
Well goodnight guys.
(He said as he made his way to the bedroom.
The rest of them wished him goodnight)

Zoe: Wow, look at the time.
We should go as well.

Saquiyah: Yeah you're right.

N: Well if y'all are leaving I'm going to my precious bed,
After all that dancing my legs are killing me.
(He made a peace sign and went into the bedroom, ignoring the girls' goodnight wishes)

Nathan: Let me walk you out to your dorm.

Titli: That's so sweet of you!

Zoe: I'm not a child Nath!
I could walk two minutes and take care of myself.

Nathan: Not listening to you, it's almost eleven thirty.

Zoe: Are you scared that someone is gonna rob us.. on the college campus?

Nathan: I'm not taking any chances, you weren't here last year. You know what happened? Some students got robbed and hurt by criminals who broke into the campus.

Saquiyah: Wait really?

Nathan: You can google it if you want.
(Zoe who was acting cool as a cucumber, definitely looked a little distressed)

Zoe: Okay, Okay- Fine!
But don't get robbed on your way back.

Nathan: Okay mam, Let's go.
(Don't tell them but I definitely made up the whole thing)
. . .
(We walked through the mostly silent campus, Zoe's heels drumming across the pebblestone path were loud and clear even in the midst of our blabbering.
The closer we got to their dorm the deeper I thought about the question I had..
"Should I tell Titli?"
As much as I don't want to break her heart and tell her about my early days of relationship, the sooner I get this over with the better right?
Her eyes that kept cutting through the haze of moonlight and reaching into my soul as we walked didn't help the situation, I have to finish this. There's no point in giving her false hope, because the longer this goes the more awkward it will be..)