Anxiety

The Curtis parents have dieddd! And Soda has got some pretty bad separation anxiety! What's Steve gonna do? Suggested by emweraldwarr

-Soda's POV-

I ran out of the house, Darry yelling after me. My feet quickly hit the ground as I headed towards Steve's. My parents were gone. They died at the hospital. I know I should be with my brothers but they have the rest of the gang, I need my Steve.

I finally made it to his place. I knocked frantically on his door. He finally opened the door, his face bewildered by me.

"Soda?" Steve asked. I was trying not to cry. "My parents..." Hot tears ran down my cheeks. Steve took me and pulled me into a hug.

I sobbed into Steve's shoulder. "Shhh, it'll be alright, Soda." He cooed. "Can I stay here tonight?" I asked him. "Of course, baby."

I walked into his house and sat on his couch. He sat down next to me. I cuddled into him, desperately holding him close. I lost my parents, I'm not about to lose my boyfriend.

Eventually, I fell asleep in his arms, not letting him go, and not letting him leave my side.

-Third person-

Soda seemed to become more clingy after the death of his parents. It started out with him begging Steve to stay with him when Steve left to get something, which morphed into Soda becoming frantic when Steve was out too long because of the recurring thought Steve would be kidnapped, and it worsened from their.

Pony and Darry started to worry about Soda, because it wasn't like him.

One day, Steve decided to confront the problem. 'Maybe this is just him being clingy.' Steve thought.

-Steve's POV-

I walked in on Soda crying in his room. "Steve! You're finally back!" He ran into my arms and kissed me all over. I pushed him off. "Soda...we gotta talk." I said sternly.

He looked confused. "Here...Soda come sit." I sat my boyfriend down beside me. "What's up, Steve?"
"Soda...do you have separation anxiety?" That was a bit too blunt.

"What! I don't know what you're talking about!" Soda said nervously. "Soda, I looked up the symptoms! You're lying right now!" I told him.

"Okay maybe I am a but clingy-" "Soda you have full blown SEPARATION ANXIETY! You are not just clingy!" I hollered. "You've been like this since your parents died!"

He stared at me. "Maybe...but what would I do about it?" He asked me. "I dunno. It's curable though!"

(I will post a second pet to this.)