Chapter 23 : Numb

*.•Ao'nung POV•.*

I start swimming towards the ship to rescue my sister but get stopped by a hand on my shoulder. Bringing my head out of the water I see my father frowning at me. "Father? What are you doing? I have to go get Reya!" I try to get out of his grip but his fingers tighten around my shoulder. "No son, I trust JakeSully is doing the right thing, and he has asked us to hold off on attacking" I look at him in disbelief, what about my little sister?!

"Dad, no! I have to get her!" I attempt to get out again, this time succeeding and lunging forwards in the water. Going deeper down so I don't get detected, I take a moment to look at my surroundings to try and see where I may climb up the ship without being noticed. Seems like somebody has the same idea as me though, when I see Neteyam swim up to the surface and onto the ship. I follow behind the boy, making sure to keep quiet and on the down low like he is. "Ao'nung what are you doing?" He whisper-yells at me, not even turning around to make sure it's me. "My sister is on there, I'm not leaving her" I growl back at him in a low voice, making him sigh in annoyance.

I'm not gonna write the part where Payakan jumps on the ship just imagine it happened a bit before Neteyam and Ao'nung resurface

He jumps up and over the railing, I do the same. On the other side of the ship I see the three tied up, no guards around them as they had all been knocked out or pushed off when a tulkun had jumped over the ship. "Neteyam!" I hear Tuk call out for her brother as Neteyam runs over to her and cuts the cuffs so she is free, doing the same with Reya. "Bring her off the ship" he pushed Reya away, who quickly takes Tuk and runs the other way.

"Hurry up bro" Lo'ak rushes his brother, immediately getting up once he is free. "This way come on bro" Neteyam tries to convince his brother but the boy just crouches down by one of the sky people crates and takes out one of their weapons. "Spider is in there, we can't leave him!" who? Neteyam hesitates for a moment before nodding  and leading me and Lo'ak inside the ship. "Not you Ao'nung" he stops me, pushing me towards the edge of the ship, "fine Tsireya and Tuk" and with that he pushes me off the ship into the water.

I hastily swim towards where I see Reya on an Ilu, but Tuk is not with her. "Reya what happened to Tuk?" She opens her mouth, eyes filled with tears. However, before she can answer, I hear a splash behind me and turn around to see Lo'ak and some sky person dive into the water. "Come on" I gesture for Reya follow me as I call an Ilu and swim towards the alcove under the ship. "That was insane cuz!" I hear Lo'ak excitedly exclaim as him and the human boy celebrate. But I also hear someone panting sharply, like they can't breath. Looking around, my eyes land on Teyam, who just so happens to speak in that moment.

"You skxawng, I-I've been sh-shot" the mood immediately changes to mindless panic as the realization sets in. "Keep him above water!" Reya gets off the Ilu so Lo'ak can take Neteyam to an island, or anything. I take Reya's hand and pull her into my Ilu as I follow the two Sully boys and their human friend. I help them lift Neteyam onto the rock, seeing JakeSully arrive as well. I stand back and let his family crowd around him, not knowing what to do.

I feel numb

What do I do?

"Dad, I want to go home"

"I know son, I know"

"Dad-"

Silence.

I see red. I just want to stab whoever shot Neteyam. He is dead. Gone. And I didn't even get to tell him that I love him. I couldn't even- he thought I hated him. His life ended while he thought that I meant that he was a distraction. He hated me.

I'm so sorry Ma'teyam

I can hear people talking to me, they are telling my to stop. I don't listen, my vision of blurry. I jump into the water, swimming towards the stupid fucking demon ship. Tears stinging my eyes. I climb onto the ship and immediately see a sky person. Iunge at them, landing thousands of punches on their face before stopping when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I spin around, ready to fight. I see my little sister with tears in her eyes, her mouth moving but I hear nothing. "Please leave me alone Reya, I just want him back, I need him back, I-" I let out a shaky breath and get off my knees, wrapping my sister into a hug.

"I know Ao, but I just- I can't lose you too. Can you please come with me?" She puts a hand on my shoulder as we let go of the hug. I don't say anything, if I do I won't be able to hold back the tears. Stifling a sob, I nod and stagger to the edge of the ship. She follows behind me, jumping into the water first and then waiting for me to join her.

She brings me to our family marui, sitting down next to my mat as I lay down. "Can you- can you sing the lullaby mama used to sing?" I look at her, still shaking. "Off course" she wears on the same smile my mother had when she sang me back to sleep after a nightmare.

I wish this was a nightmare.....

*.•A/n•.*
I beg of you, don't kill me. I have a solution ok? Don't worry, okayyyyy????

Thanks for rrreading ma book, and have a nice day/night! (I hope I didn't ruin it)💙

---------------------------------

*.•this is what losing someone feels like-JVKE.*

<< || >>