Chapter Thirty

(You were a steaming cup of hot chocolate but I'm lactose intolerant)

Eve•

I woke up a couple of hours later and I still felt exhausted. I could feel that my body was well rested, it was just my mind that needed to rest. However, if I wanted to have thick skin I needed to act tough till I became tough.

Getting out of bed I headed into the in shower, taking my clothes off on the way. The click of the bathroom door closing was haven to me. I knew now that I was truly alone and despite what I did no one could hear me. I hurriedly set up a bath for myself and looked at the mirror while the water ran.

"Who are you chosing to become Eve?" My subconscious asked me.

"A user." I answered

"You need to act accordingly to get what you want. That means whatever the Don wants you to be that is who you will be so you will have him in a position where he can't say no to you. Are we clear?" She asked me.

"Crystal." I answered then I turned back to the filling tub.

Opening some of the drawers I found some bath bombs that I thought would be comforting and boy was I right to choose the rainbow one. I sat in the tub with the warm water massaging my body as the bath bomb serenaded my skin. This bath and I were a match made in heaven, you couldn't tell me otherwise.

My mind headed back to the events of the past 24 hours. How I had came here thinking the Don was on my side, only to discover that regardless how shameful his siblings acted, he will and forever will pick their side. It was a pathetic truth really but I was more deplorable thinking that the Don and I could be more than whatever we were. I couldn't stop the lone tear that escaped my eye.

Closing my eyes to think about literally anything else, I slowly sunk my head under water. I stayed under until I felt my body burning from the lack of oxygen, I jolted up and took massive breaths. Deciding to actually clean my body, I did so and in a couple of minutes I was walking out of the water, leaving my beautiful haven to face the harsh reality.

I wrapped a towel around my body as I walked to the mirror again. This time to plait my hair into pigtails, the brushing was becoming insufferable. After using the gels and hairspray I found to make my hair look good, I walked out still in towel. Unaware of my surroundings I walked into the closet,

"Aargh?!" I shrieked in horror I thought I was alone.

I turned away from him, one hand on my hair and the other securing my towel in place.

"It's just me Vigilia relax." He said.

"You scared me that's all." I simply said as I began to walk out but then I remembered, I needed to be the shit.

Tough until I was tough. I walked back into the closet with apprehensive steps. I couldn't believe I was doing this. The Don turned to me and just "Hmm" then continued looking for his clothing. I decided to do the same.

Looking at my side of the closet I saw a hot pink dress. Whilst on the hanger I could see that it was definitely a figure dress, it was going to map me out down to my displaced meat but it was ankle length. I picked it from the closet and moved over to the underwear selection were I chose a black bra and underwear. I wasn't certain whether the dress was full coverage or see through so I needed to be safe.  I grabbed a black headscarf and walked out of there deciding that I would wear my fluffy slippers from the flight.

I looked around to see the mess I created before bathing was long gone. I could feel a pair of eyes on me. He was gawking at me so I decided to continue ignoring him. I still had to get dressed and I definitely wasn't going to get dressed here, not while he was in. I decided to tidy up the room while I waited for him to leave.   He watched me as I tidied up the bedroom; making the bed, fluffing the couch cushions, organizing the laundry (from the way it had been thrown in it was safe to assume the Don did it).

Finally running out of patience that this man clearly had today, I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me with my clothes in hand. I hung the clothes on the hook and got changed into them after applying the lotion I found in there. I had already cleaned the bathroom earlier. I walked into the bedroom and the Don was still there. He too was becoming intolerable.

"Why the head scarf?" He questioned in his deep Italian tone that ran chills down my spine.

He was in a pair of ash grey shorts and a black t-shirt with Gucci slides on. His hair was slightly wet and he set with his legs man spread as his back graces the back of the couch, his arms forming a straight line on the headrest. His eyes were fixated on me as I took a seat on the freshly made bed.

"I don't want the wind to carry away the spray before it socks into my hair." I simply said legs crossed with my hands intertwined.

"Okay. I have guests coming later today, business associates of mine. I want to have a clear head when I get in there, so let's talk about why you're angry with me." He said his demeanor changing from an alpha male to whatever vulnerability seemed like to him.

His posture changing to having his elbows on his knees and hands in-between his legs. If I didn't know him, I would have believed that he really cared. He looked somewhat vulnerable and it was hard to look at.

"He treated you poorly, remember that"

[AN]

What even is this? So he can't focus because Eve is upset with him? Yeah right😂