one - hierarchy

hierarchy

it didn't matter when, or how, when lia first started noticing the signs. the signs that signalled and made her realise she had ended up in a living, but dying, hell hole. well, every school especially if they are high schools, are hell holes but ace academy was just on a whole other level.

are we gonna talk about the alarming history of suicides?

or the alarming cases of ghost sightings or activities inside the school?

no. we're going to talk about the hierarchy that is currently rotting the school. well, at least that's what lia is more concerned about. she believes ghosts to be fragments of a person's poor mental health, and suicide to be the case of the negligent system that is currently run by a hierarchy of elites that has no concept of hell.

see, the problem always lies in the shitty hierarchical system - according to lia.

take their children for example; miserable. but do they seek help? no. they suffer because they're insufferable brats that have been raised too high in the pyramid, it's painful for them to lower themselves.

for instance, there was shin ryujin. and lia only used her as an example because she was sent to empty the trash can (again) and she just happened to stumble upon the said girl clouded by a stick of lung cancer.

lia surmised, she will never understand the ecstasy or reason of smoking. it was suicide, but expensive and slow.

shin ryujin was, in a sense, the school's bad bitch. she was also a bully but that's a selective case. and around her were her lackeys whose name lia was too unbothered to recall. they swarmed to her like ants to a cube of sugar. because ryujin was rich, and rude, and nobody would mess with her.

now much to lia's demise, ryujin took notice of her. and called her out by her not-so-esteemed title, "oh, it's the garbage pres." she snickered.

and if ryujin took notice, so would her lackeys.

they sneered and jeered, but lia said nothing. it was best to ignore them, because she wasn't the sport they were looking for.

the sport they were looking for-

"shin ryujin, the homeroom teacher is looking for you." out the blue, a male voice joined them.

his name was choi beomgyu, and he was shin ryujin's favourite sport.

now the atmosphere or situation of their relationship has lia as well as half of the school who paid attention to twist their eyebrows and frown in confusion. ryujin likes to bully beomgyu; yes, and beomgyu plays along with her not because he has no choice but because he likes her.

the weirdo is here. i have to get away.

lia picked up her empty trash can and ran away from the scene. she bet- no, felt everyone looking at her like she had grown two heads.

doesn't matter. i can't stand their weird shit.

weird shit because ryujin would probably kick him and he would flirt back in retaliation.

"pres is weird, but whatever. aren't you going? the homeroom teacher said it was important," said beomgyu, his eyes were bright and he looked nothing like a victim of some sort.

and ryujin hated it. his nonchalant attitude, his stupid stubborness and especially his even more stupid face.

she grew up around twisted people - harmful, violent people. so it was only right she bestow his measly existence to satisfy her thirst for superiority. except he wouldn't bend over like she wanted hence, how their stupid charade began.

ryujin threw the bud into the bin. and beomgyu clicked his tongue disappointedly as she did. "what if it burns down the entire garbage inside? you'll get in trouble," he stated, voice laced with concern.

this has ryujin gritting her teeth. "fuck off," she spat.

he raised his arms in surrender, and stepped back so the feisty girl wouldn't stomp on his shoes.

she didn't, simply glared at him while her lackeys sniggered behind her.

"how cute~ what is this pink filter?"

"it's the beginning of a blossoming romance. like those shit in romance movies."

and they laughed among themselves. beomgyu briefly joined them with a small smile and turned around to leave, the smile frozen on his lips, half-heartedly and rigidly.

they were most definitely not smoking just cigarettes.