five - welcome, new member

welcome, new member

lia didn't know what came over her when she decided to yell choi yeonjun's name and ran after him whilst the entire school gave her offended side-eyes. well, there were more important things than their judgement.

yeonjun did stop, at last.

lia crashed into his back for the chase because she did not expect him to suddenly stop.

"oh. were you calling me, pres?" and the taller boy was so, so annoying.

lia glared at him through ragged breaths. "what happened back there… how did you know?"

"i'm sorry. know what?"

"don't play dumb with me, choi yeonjun. what did you mean in that note? how did you-"

"tut-tut-tut." yeonjun cut her off. "pres, i think this conversation should be discussed privately." he twisted the door open and lia realised he had lead her into the photography clubroom.

this conniving bastard cannot be trusted.

"ladies first," he motioned her in, smiling.

lia had seen this in movies; dumb female leads following the suspicious killer into a private space. although she doubted choi yeonjun would have the guts to pull off such horrible deeds so in this case, she was risking her chances to be the dumb female lead walking into her demise.

but movies are movies and choi yeonjun is choi yeonjun.

she walked in and discovered, much to her demise, there was someone already inside.

soobin looked up from his round glasses, sat rightfully behind his desk as a bunch of polaroid spread before him. he heard voices outside but didn't suspect them to suddenly barge in.

yeonjun closed the door behind him, exclaiming, "i bring you a new slave, my friend!" he strutted past lia, who was frozen on her feet, and pulled out a chair.

"say hi. her name is choi julia but everyone calls her lia. you know her. she's our class president and…," a wry smile replaced his words as he glanced at lia, "she'd like to apply to the club as a photojournalist." yeonjun casually stated, one leg propped above the other as he twirled in his chair.

soobin glared at the lofty boy. "we're not recruiting."

"no, but you should be. beomgyu complains about you overworking him a lot. so i took it into my own account to find you a new member and, voila!"

his exclamation brought lia back from her shock. "i'm not looking for a club! i asked you about the corpse and you led me in here," she reported accusingly at yeonjun.

"yes, and if you want answers you need to join his club," said yeonjun.

now it was soobin and lia's turn to glare at the boy together.

"yeonjun, a moment please." soobin motioned him outside, getting up from his chair.

"make yourself at home, pres. it'll be just a minute." the lofty boy said as he followed soobin outside.

"what are you doing?!" soobin whisper yelled the moment they stepped outside.

"like i said, i'm bringing in a new member." yeonjun crossed his arms and leaned on the window. the corridor was loud, deafening their conversation as students pried towards the windows to watch the police and whatnot remove the corpse.

"and you even told her about the- ugh. why her?"

"i discovered something juicy which is linked to her; that's all."

"nothing good happens when you discover 'something juicy'. you're telling me everything tonight. and i'm not accepting new members." soobin warned pointedly.

"hey. i know what happened between you two was… unfortunate. but you shouldn't be affected by those circumstances to reject a potential photojournalist in the making. trust me."

"you know you're not very trustworthy, right?"

yeonjun simply shrugged. "i dunno what you're saying. i'm very charming and loyal."

"yeah, right. you snob." soobin grumbled as he walked back towards the clubroom.

the boys found lia sitting quietly in one of the chairs. yeonjun pushed his friend in while he closed the door behind him.

"congratulations, miss choi. i'd like to welcome you as a new member of the photography club!"

yeonjun was elbowed on the ribs by soobin when he talked too much.

"be quiet," said soobin. he cleared his throat and proceeded to look lia in the eye only to realise she was very uncomfortable with sharing the same space as him. not that he'd blame her.

he took out a paper, saying, "please fill out this form and submit it to our homeroom teacher. only when the teacher processes it will you be officially recognised as a member of the club."

lia took the paper, muttering a quiet and barely audible "yes".

"then, excuse me." she then basically sprinted out of the room.

the boys watched her as she left with yeonjun being the first one to make a remark, "dunno why you rejected her but you do you, i guess."

"i didn't. she said that i didn't have to reciprocate her feelings and that she would just like to be honest to me. until your annoying ass appeared but yes, she's a weird one."

"all the more better, right?" yeonjun nudged him playfully except the latter was in no mood to humour him.

"enough. the corpse was freed just like we asked so what now? we can't keep bothering that thing, making demands and threatening it. it could retaliate against us." soobin sat down.

"which is why we have ghost repellents hidden in every corner of the room, don't we? and they proved effective."

soobin didn't answer him, instead, asked him to call beomgyu over. "tell him we have a lot of things on our plate, including the newest addition to our club so hurry up," he said.

"aye-aye, sir!"