two - ghosts of ignorance

ghosts of ignorance

lia saw beomgyu walking normally towards the clubrooms later that day. she sighed in relief. if shin ryujin was to get into trouble again, the homeroom teacher would summon her to keep an eye on the gal again. usually this amounted from a day to a week and lia had more important priorities than to babysit a bratty teenager.

like, deliver the class's homework to the science laboratory.

she huffed as she went. her duty as a class president was more far fetched, and painful, than she had imagined. well, not like she had any competition for the position. everyone avoided the responsibility like a plague because they didn't want to be the lackey of the class, and the teachers. lia only did it because she would get hefty extra points added to her gpa.

curriculum activities were a necessity in ace academy. because it meant that you were an active and responsible child, not a lousy ball of laziness.

take for example, lee chaeryeong and kang taehyun. once again lia mentioned them because she saw them enter the library together. no, they weren't friends. more like, academic nemesis.

academic competition is tough in ace, and leading the battle were students like kang taehyun and lee chaeryeong - rich, ignorant people. lia figured from the moment she took her first exam in ace, and saw the ridiculously average marks she got, she had to do something other than become a depressed bookworm.

yes, she became a responsible and disrespected class president instead.

but hey, at least she's gonna get extra points for her sacrifice. and if she were to join a club before the season for final exams began, her extra points would sky rocket and she needn't worry about a low gpa anymore.

the path to the science laboratory was obnoxiously difficult. one, she came across many unwelcomed eyes. as if her doing her job was going to burn their houses or something. two, there were the ignorant ones. and this group largely compromised of academic obsessed students that made her feel inferior, because she knew they were going to get admitted to the college of every south-korean student's dream. they did nothing but study; and she hated them for it.

last but not the least, the blind ones. well, this one can be unprecedented. they could either be a group of loud, naughty boys or a group of mean girls, or her crush.

lia was making a turn around the corner when she suddenly collided against a firm chest and a voice croaked out.

"oh! sorry."

lia could recognise that voice anywhere, albeit he wasn't a talker.

"it's okay. excuse me." she gripped her hand on the notebooks and walked away, blushing madly as she did.

she was very sure the boy was looking back, wondering why she was behaving so, but out of sheer embarrassment she couldn't dally around him. eventually, a smile did bless her lips when she was at a safe distance from the boy.

i should pick a club tomorrow.

a harmless clash on her crush's chest made her finally reach a decision - how childish.

the science laboratory was like any high school science laboratory, but a bit high on budget because they had carcasses and a large collection of mummified insects.

ace academy's science laboratory also has a reputation for inviting things outside of the ordinary. like ghosts. the most famous one was the fetus ghost, obviously because there was a fetus locked in a jar in the laboratory and teenagers thought it was amusing.

lia stared at the fetus. she had already placed the books down and should be leaving. but she chose to make eye contact with the supernatural celebrity of ace instead because she wouldn't believe it until she saw it with her own eyes.

the fetus never moved, nor did anything much less summon a breeze. so lia closed the door behind her and went back to her classroom.

if only she had stayed a bit longer, she would have found the fear she sought.

lia had reached her classroom when commotion suddenly began.

"choi yeonjun rejected another girl."

the boys said it humorously, some brimming with jealousy and so. while the girls were squealing on the other hand because it meant choi yeonjun was still single.

lia shook her head, not very surprising.

choi yeonjun was just a kid from her class. he was good looking, athletic, and not so studious. oh, he was also very popular. every girl with only half a brain in ace was dying to become his girlfriend. but alas. choi yeonjun doesn't date, he flirts.

a moment later, the said boy walked in with his hollering companions. lia watched them with tiredness. this batch were always the loudest.

"quiet!" she yelled aloud.

she was paid attention only by the man of the chaos himself, who smiled wryly at her. lia cannot fathom how annoying and angry that smile makes her.

but he did her great help by shushing his friends, who darted her looks, but quiet down and settled to their seats since the teacher had arrived. that much, choi yeonjun was useful for. and lia could not think of anything else other than that.