Prologue

「 Cherish

「 Cherish. 」

"Everything and everyone in Toman changed

"Everything and everyone in Toman changed."

The man furrowed his eyebrows in concern for the one sat in handcuffs. His eyes were so dead, full of nothing.

That spark from when he was a kid was no longer there.

It had been 12 years, after all.

The police officer that requested the meeting for them two listened quietly, the memories crashing in once again.

"If there's anything you regret, or what you wished you had did, consider it done Draken-kun."

The one on death row looked up from his clenched fists to the one behind the glass and spoke in a voice that he prayed wasn't shaky.

"I regret not killing Kisaki. I regret not stopping Mikey for what he did to Kazutora. I regret plenty for the guys—but most of all, Takemitchy..."

There was a pause that made Takemichi's heart drop.

"I couldn't save her."

He saw Draken's eyes water, and it took his very all to stop himself from being emotional once again.

He needed to ask how she died and why she died. But would Draken want to retell the story of how she died in his current mental state? Takemichi decided to risk it.

"How... did MC die again..?"

Draken's breath hitched in his throat, stopping himself from saying anything that'll put him in a vulnerable situation.

"...It wasn't Mikey's fault. It will never be his fault, no matter what timeline."

Takemichi watched Draken's strong mindset slowly crumble, standing up in his chair. "Did Mikey-kun hurt her?! What happened to MC?"