|1|

「 The charm that started it all

「 The charm that started it all. 」

Your fingers worked effortlessly among the buttons of the arcade game

Your fingers worked effortlessly among the buttons of the arcade game. This was really only one of the very few games you were good at.

You always came to the arcade, either as a stress reliever due to school or because of pure boredom.

Besides, it was the same routine every weekday. What else could you do?

1. 5:30 am: wake up
- 15 minutes to lie in bed before actually getting up
2. 5:45 am: bathroom
- watch videos + wash face
3. 6:00 am: cook breakfast and pack lunch
- 2 pills collagen, 1 pill zestril, and 1 pill zocor
4. 6:30 am: wake up grandma
5. 7:00 am: dishes
6. 7:15 am: bathroom
- finishing touches
7. 7:40 am: go to school

Sadly for you, that wasn't the end of it. You had memorized the entire bell schedule, and for which student had to leave due to office situations or club situations at specific times.

8. 8:30 am - 3:30 pm: school
9. 3:50 pm: arcade
10. 4:30 pm: groceries
11. 5:00 pm - 5:30: put everything away and make dinner
- the time varies
12. 6:30 pm: dishes
13. 6:40 pm: shower
14. 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm: spend time with grandma
15. 9:00 pm: grandma's asleep
16. 10:00 pm - 10:30 pm: bedtime

That was it.

It was unintentional for you to have a meticulous schedule, but life became too boring for you. There were no longer young childhood adventures such as playing money with pebbles or laughing at other kids throwing sand in someone's hair.

You sighed aloud, watching the game over sequence flash in your face repeatedly.

There were no new games being added to the arcade either, so what else could you do?

You had no one in school that you were close with, only a few people you would talk to because they sat next to you and just wanted to start small conversation.

So really, your family was all you had left.

"Hmph, so boring." You complained, walking away from the Street Fighter machine. Versing yourself took the fun away since you knew what moves you had planned out.