(9) Out Of Context

NOAH'S POV:

"Listen, I know the last two days have been rough to say the least, but can we please try to get through the whole day. You haven't made it through an entire day or school yet."

"Okay...."

"Are you nervous again?" He asked me kindly. After my nap yesterday I kept thinking about school the next day and how I would have to not only apologize to the nurse, but also see everyone after the "potty" incident. I had almost vomited with anxiety this morning as we got ready. Now as daddy spoke to me I'm the parent drop off line, I was ready to explode.

"Look buddy, I know you're nervous, but it's all gonna be alright. Today, just focus on your work and be good for Mason and it will all work out alright."

"Okay...." I said sadly. He stepped out of the truck to come get me out of the car seat. I was more or less strangling Mr.Bubbles by this point. I originally wasn't going to take him but I figured I'd embarrassed my self enough already that it won't hurt to take a comfort item with me. I doubt anyone wants to talk to me after yesterday anyway.

"Look, you'll be okay. Try making some friends today. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends. And here, don't forget this."He said with his hands on my shoulders before leaving. He had handed me a pacifier which sent a surge of anxiety through me at the through of walking around all day with it in my mouth. I decided to put it in my pocket and hoped nobody would notice I didn't have it in. Once again that familiar tightening in my stomach was happening as I walked over to the benches to wait for class. I looked for Olivia and Ben but neither of them had shown up yet. I took my spot at the back corner bench and waited.

"Hey." I heard from a boy I hadn't met yet. I immediately got nervous.

"Hi...."

"So, did you go potty in your pants yesterday? Is that why you left? I heard you were crying like a baby I'm the nurses office!" He said cruelly as he laughed. My heart sank when I realized he was making fun of me.

"That's not what happened!"

"Oh yes it is! You went home because you pooped your pants in front of the whole class! Hahaha!" He said laughing harder. Some of the other kids had joined around him as the exchanged rumors on what had happened. I wanted to die.

"I DID NOT!" I said standing up to him. He was a little too so why would he make fun of me anyway! He has to wear diapers too!

"DID TOO!"

"POOPY PANTS POOPY PANTS POOPY PANTS..." some of the other kids had started chanting. My legs felt like they would give out any second and I couldn't get my mind to work fast enough to defend myself. I had never been made fun of before.

"STOP IT!" I yelled but it sounded more like a wounded animal.

"Or what! You gonna cry! And what's this!" He said as he snatched Mr.Bubbles from my arms. I immediately tried to grab him back but now he was holding it in the air where I couldn't reach it.

"GIVE HIM BACK!" I said jumping as high as I could to try and take him back.

"POOPY PANTS POOPY PANTS HAHAHAA...." As I realized I wouldn't be able to get Me.Bubbles back and I saw everyone around me chanting I couldn't take it any longer. I did the best thing j could and I ran away. I don't even know where to go but anywhere that's away from them!

MASON'S POV:

Given the last two days, I decided to stop by and check on Noah before his class started. I knew today would be tough for him. As I walked through the hallway where the littles classrooms were I noticed he wasn't in the drop off area where I was headed. Instead he was seated on the bench outside of his classroom, knees to his chest and sobbing. I sighed deeply, worried that today had already gone bad before class even started. I just hope he isn't in trouble again.