Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Are you familiar with this recipe?" Donato asked

"To be honest i only made it twice with a friend at school, he showed me his version of the dish." Luna truthfully said

"Hmm.." The Italian picked up his knife and fork his knife glided the ravioli seeing the yellow yolk ooze out, taking a bite of it. "You used 00 flour? Why did you use that flour?"

"Ah...yes..the recipe you gave us didn't specify which flour to use.." Luna said "I've watched my friend use 00 flour a lot in his pasta dishes...i know it's common to use all purpose but i thought you might like the texture better with this type of flour.."

"Smart and bellizima!" Donato flirted "You pass!"

"I pass?" Luna repeated

"Yes, the yolk is cooked perfectly the dough has that slight chew that you get from using 00 flour." Donato said as he glanced at the clock then looked at the rest of the students.

Luna let out a sigh of relief that she passed, once time was up, she looked around seeing only a handful of students passed.

She went to the main hall waiting for her friends she sat in the chair waiting.

'I was lucky that I passed because of Isami…' Luna thought shaking. 'Why am I shaking? I should be happy that I passed…' She thought back of the mean comments from the other students. 'Do I really have what it takes to keep going?'

"Rosario-chan! You passed that's great!" She looked up to see the younger Aldini twin.

"I was just lucky…" Luna said softly

"Rosario-chan…" Isami said he raised his hand and patted her head.

"Huh?" Luna said feeling his hand on her head.

"You're doing great." Isami said softly "You know that right? I know it's hard being away from family, I want you to know that I'm here if you need to talk."

Luna stared at Isami as she sobbed hugging Isami tightly.  "Eres suave…como un osito de peluche…" Luna muttered softly  (You're soft like a teddy bear. )

'Osito? What does that mean? If she's saying it…it must be good?' Isami thought

"Thank you…" Luna said softly as she calmed down.

After that Luna went back to her room smiling softly. 'I don't want to quit..I'll do my best!' She thought to herself.

The next morning it was another harsh day of camp, Luna let out a shaky breath as the instructor tasting her food. She was relieved that she passed again and get to stay another day.

It wasn't long until it was nighttime, Luna walked in the hallway reading the camp book.

"Strange…there's nothing written here in tonights curriculum…could it be a free period?!" Luna said to herself.

"Luna-chan!" Ikumi shouted running towards her. "Did you hear?! Yukihira challenged an instructor to a shokugeki!"

"QUE?!" (WHAT?!) Luna shouted in shock at what her friend said, Ikumi explained what she heard from the other students.

The two girls heard the speakers of an announcement to come to the main hall wearing their school uniforms.

Once they were in the main hall Ikumi ran towards Soma and scolded him with Takumi.

"Rosario-san" Ryo said "Good to see you're still here."

"Oh hey.." Luna said "I wonder why we're here for…"

"The curriculum is blank…I thought we would have a break…" He said

"There's a reason I called everyone out here." Dojima spoke up at the stand as he spoke in the microphone.  " To inform you all of tomorrow's challenge."

'A challenge?' Luna thought 'Why now? Why the night before?'

"You're challenge tomorrow is to create a new breakfast item befitting for the guests here at Totsuki resort. " Dojima announced " Breakfast is the face of the hotel. It's an important meal to start our guest's day. I want you to present something that gives an air of radiance, a single dish, with one sense of wonder. Your main ingredient is an egg." Dojima held out a single egg as he kept explaining.

'Eggs? Reminds me of the first test I took to get in this school.' Luna thought

" You may use Japanese, western or Chinese genres, but it must be presented in a buffet style." Dojima said "Judgment begins six a.m. tomorrow morning. Be ready to present your dish for tasting by then."

"What?! That early?!" Luna said

"You may use the time you have until morning, you can use the kitchen to try out dishes or go to sleep in your room, see you tomorrow morning. " Dojima said "Dismissed!"

Luna heard all the panic from the students around her.  She stood still. 'A breakfast dish…what do I do?' She thought to herself

She looked at the students with tired looks walking out the hall. She changed into her uniform and went to the kitchen there she saw all her friends experimenting with different egg dishes while Luna stood there staring at the basket of eggs.

'It's for this high class hotel so it needs to be something more than just scramble eggs. There's so many choices for a breakfast dish.  ' Luna thought 'I could make a Spanish omelet…however if it's fried it would be too greasy for the guests. A rolled omelet would be a safe choice yet it's too simple…a fancy hotel like this Eggs Benedict would be perfect because its elegant however it has so many components that it would take too long to make unless you're an expert at it….'

'I want you to present something that gives an air of radiance, a single dish, with one sense of wonder.'

"A dish with a sense of wonder…." Luna repeated as she stared at the ingredients she rolled up her sleeves and started testing different recipes.

"Migas…" Luna said as she placed a plate down "It's made with flour and corn tortillas and other vegetables then add an egg on top…presentation wise you see all the ingredients however it would be too heavy for other people and just too many ingredients that would stray from the egg…the egg has to be the star…" She ate a spoonful of it. "The flavor is good…"

She went on to make another egg dish. Adding eggs in a bowl and whisking it.

Meanwhile at another Table the Aldini twins went on to test a few recipes.

"I've done it! This is truly a breakfast done using the aldini family's techniques!" Takumi exclaimed, finalizing his egg dish proudly.  "Just you wait Yukihira! You will see my unrivaled cooking!"

Isami turned his head to his older brother.

"If you're done then go to bed brother." Isami said as both twins smelled an spicy aroma.

Isami glanced at Luna's table, seeing her at work.

"Huevos divorciados." Luna said placing her test dish out she looked at her dish of two cooked eggs in separate sauces. She tasted it. "It's good too…but it might be too heavy for our guests."

'She's hard at work..that must mean she's not giving up.' Takumi thought, staring at her.

Luna let out a sigh. "I could make something a little light and filling..the previous dishes i made are good but eating that much spicy stuff in the morning won't be good for them especially if most of our guest aren't used to it…" She muttered to herself her eyes lit up. "I think I have an idea on what my egg dish would be for this challenge." She looked at the clock.

"I'll have to start prepping it now." Luna muttered as she went to the pantry.