Chapter 13

After the Aldini twins passed their test, the rest of the students were amazed especially that they did all of the cooking under an hour. Chef Inui was impressed that she changed her mind and decided to be the Judge on the little contest between Takumi and Soma, it seemed like a friendly contest  until Chef Inui added more conditions of what the loser will do and say. Luna looked at everyone preparing their fish.

“Takumi-kun is right, if we all use fish then it wouldn't be much of a difference on how you  prepare it if we have a limited resources especially if its same fish everyone cooks it almost the same way it would be boring.” Luna said her eyes glanced at the Italian twins. “Which is why we won't use fish for our cooking.” 

“Then what are you planning to use?” Soma asked 

“We're using this!” Luna exclaimed holding a whole chicken by its legs, that’s already de-feathered without its head.

“Chicken?” Megumi said 

‘ I cant believe that Isami took his time helping me catch this little guy.’ Luna thought ‘He really didn't have to...he’s so sweet.’  

She glanced at the clock. ‘What dish should we make with the chicken? Maybe...’ 

She glanced at the ingredients they have gathered. ‘Spring onions, Yuzu,  Amanatsu, Lotus root, bamboo shoot also garlic and ginger…i remember Reo telling me earlier that the main ingredients of any Asian cuisine is Garlic, ginger, soy sauce and spring onions..’ 

“Okay...Reo I have an idea on what to make! Can you prep the vegetables while I prepare our chicken?” Luna asked 

“Okay!” Reo said 

“Also get a few skewers in water please.” Luna said “We're grilling this.”

“Oh I see! “ Reo said 

Luna grabbed her knife moving her knife swiftly. The small group watched as she butchered the chicken, from all her training with her meat master friend she did it without breaking a sweat. 

‘She said she's grilling it?’ Takumi thought looking at the Latin girl moving to the citrus fruits slicing and squeezing the juice in a bowl, adding in other seasonings, some sesame oil, she separated some of the liquid mixture in a smaller bowl handing it to Reo to taste it he nodded approving it , After tasting the mixture satisfied with the flavor she poured the rest of the liquid letting the meat be submerged in it.

“I got the grill on and the veggies prepped, i’ll start on the sauce to complement the taste .” Reo said with a nod from Luna.  

“Okay, i'll start grilling the veggies then the meat.” Luna said 

During their cooking process Soma took Inui's tea snack telling Takumi to hold onto it, he ran off with Megumi to collect the rest of their ingredients on their dish.

Luna placed the skewered chicken on the grill releasing a flavorful steam in the air, she dipped the brush in the liquid occasionally adding it in the chicken to prevent the meat from drying. Isami started to salivate taking in the aroma from the grill, the flames cooking the chicken, while his twin brother watched the girl's cooking skills, seeing her move swiftly and efficiently. Luna focused on her cooking occasionally humming a tune.  

It took Luna and Reo nearly thirty minutes to make and finish the dish, Luna held the plate,  her hands trembling lightly hoping that the chef likes the flavors they put in. 

“Here's our dish...Chicken Yakitori  marinated in a Yuzu Mojo accompanied by a spicy soy dipping  sauce and grilled vegetable medley.” Luna announced placing the plate down seeing three skewers placed on a bed of grilled Lotus root, bamboo shoots and green onions along with a small cup of sauce.