Chapter 8

Luna laid in bed after a long day at the academy it was finally the weekend. Her green eyes glanced at the photo of her, her mother and grandmother.

'I miss you guys...I wonder how the truck is doing? If Angel is doing okay running it? I hope my mom and grandmother don't drive him crazy.' Luna thought her stomach growled. 'It's almost lunchtime, isn't it? I need to go out to buy a few ingredients to restock...but what should I buy to eat?'

Luna took a quick shower and got dressed picking out a floral smock dress with black flats and a black hat. When she opened her door she saw her neighbor and her kid. The woman saw her child run towards Luna. Luna smiled they were the first to welcome her to the building when she first moved in.

"Luna-chan!" The boy said smiling at Luna.

"Hey, Akira-kun, Hi Nishi-san."Luna said ruffling the kid's hair. "Going out with your mom?" her green eyes glanced at the older woman her long honey blonde hair reached her shoulders and dark blue eyes wearing a soft pink work suit.

Akira nodded his head. "We're going to get more cloth bags." He said

"A few of our bags broke so we're going to get some more. We're going to the farmers market tomorrow." She explained

"You guys are going to a farmers market?" Luna asked

"Yes, we usually go in the morning since it gets so full." Nishi said

"I love going to those markets, The supermarket and convenience stores are good though I do miss those markets." Luna said

"Mom! Can Luna-chan come with us?" Akira asked

"Do you want to come with us?" Nishi asked

"I'd love to!" Luna asked

The next morning…..

'So far it's been going okay…'Luna thought smiling softly, she wore a denim dress with some black flats along with a black hat. She grabbed the small bag and went to the farmers market.

Luna loves going to the farmers market, ever since she found out there was near her area on the weekend she would visit it usually by herself other times it's with her neighbor. After the first month, she liked talking to the vendors. She loves seeing the produce that was hard to find back home, her haggling skills in getting the product at a good price never seemed to fail her in Japan. Was it because of her accent? Or her charm? It didn't matter because she loved places like this.

Luna smiled looking at the Tomatoes, different shapes, and sizes.

"Maybe some tomato soup for lunch?" She said to herself. She carefully picked up a tomato examining it checking how firm it was.

After buying the tomatoes she walked around buying a few other ingredients. Adding in her cloth bag some cucumbers, bell peppers and a small bunch of herbs.

"I think I'll need to stock up on some limes and Lemons.." Luna muttered, "If they have those if not maybe in the market near Totsuki..."

She went to the small fruit stand. There she saw a familiar face.

"Hey! It's you! " Luna said running towards the person. "The guy with the cool knife skills!"

He turned his head Seeing Luna at his side.

"Remember me?" Luna asked

"The transfer student." He said, "I saw your Shokugeki."

"You can call me Luna." Luna said with a friendly smile. "What's your name? "

"Isami Aldini." He said

"Wow! You're from Italy?!" Luna exclaimed, "So is the scenery the same as those in the travel magazines?"