Chapter 3

Exdee tugged on my sleeve and I looked at him. “Hmm?” “Friends?” I giggled at his awkward attempt to ask me to be friends. “Yes Exdee. We can be friends now.” He perked up, excitedly. Foolish walked back into the living where we were waiting for him to put up the supplies and get my payment.

“Here ya go. A stack of netherite.” I excitedly took it from his hands. “Thank god! Now I can repair my sword. It’s almost broken.” I laughed while putting it in my inventory. “Foolish.” Exdee said. “Yes?” “I wanted to know what it feels like to be like a mortal.”

I tilted my head. “Why not ask me then? I’m an actual ‘Mortal’ as you put it.” “Because I want to feel it for myself.” I nodded and continued to listen to their conversation. “It’s okay. If you used your human form and had someone to show you the ropes then maybe you would know.”

I stifled a laugh and Exdee smacked the back of my head. “Owie! It's not my fault that you didn’t think of it!” I squealed. “Hush mortal.” “It’s Y. N. You big meanie!” Foolish laughed as we argued. “Exdee, may I speak to you in the other room?” Exdee nodded and walked out of the room with him.

I sat down on the couch. Soon they came back and Exdee looked more human. His halos and wings were gone and his skin was more tan than the blinding white color it had originally been. He was still wearing the same clothes and his mask was still there but it was moved up so you could see his mouth and other limbs, overall he seemed more human like. 

“Your skin doesn’t look like paper anymore!” I giggled. He huffed and Foolish shook his head laughing. “Now you just need a human mentor.” Foolish said, looking at me. “What?” I asked with a questioning look. I realized very quickly why they were looking at me.

“Hold on a second! I can’t watch him!? I have to be at the prison most of the time! I don’t have time!” I argued. “Well… George is the only other person that seems ‘Okay’ with him and he’s always asleep. You’re the only person that would be able to. Plus doesn’t it get lonely out there? You’re so far away from everyone else.” He argued.

He was right… It can get pretty lonely since it’s just me and Blizzard… I sighed. “Fine. He can stay with me. I guess I could use the company…” Exdee perked up and Foolish smiled. “See! You can never say no to me!” “Hush you. Now we should get going since it’s getting late. You ready Exdee?” He nodded and went back to his god form.

“I’ll teleport us there.” “Nope. It’s still day outside. If you want to learn how to be human then you can’t teleport everywhere. Now come on slowpoke.” He huffed but followed as I waved Foolish goodbye. We started walking away but he grabbed my arm and we were engulfed by the same white light that brought us here. Obviously we appeared in front of my house.

I playfully glared at Exdee as he laughed. “I said no teleporting!” “It was hot and it’s easier.” He said smiling. I huffed. “Let’s just go inside. I want to cuddle with Blizzard.” He tilted his head in confusion. My face turned a bit pink since he looked like a puppy. “Here. Come inside and I’ll show you.” I said, opening the door.

He followed me as I walked into my bedroom and laid down. Blizzard came running in and jumped onto the bed and laid down, nuzzling her face into my stomach. “Come here.” I said patting the spot next to me. He laid down awkwardly and I pulled him towards me and wrapped my arms around his body.

Blizzard was lying happily between us. He relaxed after a couple of minutes and carefully laid his head on top of mine. After a few more minutes I realized that he had fallen asleep. I chuckled and then went to sleep myself. ‘I could get used to this.’

Word Count: 702