Chapter 9

I decided to ignore it. If it was important then Exdee would say something. Hopefully… I shrugged it off and stood up. I sat Blizzard down on the bed and got ready myself. Although I did notice that it was unusually quiet… I cautiously opened the door and tiptoed down the hall with Blizzard close behind.

Once I reached the living room I noticed that the door was wide open. Worry flooded my mind as I saw he wasn’t in here. I was about to leave the house when I saw a shadow in the treeline and something in my mind started screaming at me to go back to my room and hide. Blizzard ran towards the figure before I could stop her.

I quickly ran back inside the house and hid in one of the cabinets under the sink in the kitchen. Then I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I held my breath, trying to be quiet. The footsteps seemed to get further away. I peeked out of the cabinet and saw that there was nothing there. I saw that there was a letter though.

It was sitting on the table and a dead crow was beside it. ‘That’s one of Phil’s crows… Oh dear…’ I hestintaly crawled out of the cabinet and picked up the letter and opened it. ‘You will perish if you stay with him.’ I blinked a few times and looked at the bird and realized that it had only broken its wing. I poked my head out of the kitchen and looked towards the front door which was still open. 

I grabbed one of my axs from my inventory and carefully started searching the area around my house and found… A folded note. I opened the note and saw the same handwriting. ‘I have your cat.’ I threw the note down and ran inside. I fixed the bird's wing and let go before going to my room and laying down.

My head was filled with worry as I wondered where Exdee was and if Blizzard was okay… I decided to get up and go ask for help. I put on my armor just in case and set out. I decided to see if he was home but he wasn’t. I heard a twig snap nearby. I cautiously looked around to see if I could find the source. I saw my cat. “Blizzard! Oh my dear I was so worried!” I cried, scooping her up into my arms and starting to tear up.

“Now we need to find-” “Well, well, well look who it is!?” A familiar voice rang out.  I couldn’t pinpoint where it was coming from though. I put Blizzard on my shoulder and held my ax, ready to swing at anyone who tried to attack me. Suddenly a certain white eyed demon walked from out of the darkness.

“You escaped once but now you’re god boyfriend or whatever can’t save you as he is currently…  busy…” My breath got stuck in my throat. “W-What do you mean he’s b-busy…?” I choked out. Bad laughed and said, “I have Skeppy, Hannah, and Antfrost currently fighting him and from what I saw before I left… he was l. o. s. i. n. g~” He laughed again as a feeling of dread settled in my gut.

I kicked one of his shins and then booked it out of there. Then I started searching for Exdee in a frenzy panic. When I found him he was in the middle of a battle with them and he was indeed losing. I pulled out my ax and swung at Antfrost. Exdee got distracted by my sudden appearance and was slashed by Skeppy’s sword.

He yelled and then sent him flying backwards into a tree. I hit Antfrost and he started to fight. Although he was holding back as they still needed me for something. I decided to use this to my advantage. I picked up my pace.

As I swung and kicked him whenever I could, barely leaving him anytime to block or dodge. Suddenly Hannah came out of nowhere and tried to attack me from behind. I pulled my shield from my inventory and decided to not ask for help and just try and fight them.

As I was fighting them I realized that I had made a miscalculation on their moves and was about to be hit when Exdee cut in front of me and took the hit. Thankfully he was now in his god form and wasn’t hurt from the blow Hannah dealt. 

I thanked him and we dealt with them, knocking them both out. Since they were under control of the egg we tried our best not to hurt them too much. After we finished he was turned back into his… human form? I didn’t know since it had elements of both forms.

He looked human except he had his robe on once again as well as the tiny pair of white wings that sat on the sides of his head. I was about to ask him what happened when he suddenly collapsed. I rushed to him and saw his eyes were still open but his breathing was unsteady. “What’s wrong!?” He shook his head and tried to stand up. 

I put his arm around my shoulder and Blizzard ran up his arm and onto his shoulder. “Can you still teleport?” He nodded slightly and we were enveloped in bright light like always. I quickly got him to my room and laid him down. His breathing was still heavy and then I realized his original clothes were covered in blood.

‘Holy-’ I quickly got bandages and gauze to stop the bleeding. When I got back his shirt was discarded and on the floor. He was also sitting up. “I thought it would be easier for you to bandage me up like this.” I nodded and quickly wrapped him up.

The wound wasn’t that deep but he also had huge cuts on his arms. “Why didn’t you just transform?” “I can’t do so when under stress as it takes concentration to change forms.” I nodded and wrapped up his arms. 

“How are you feeling now?” “Terrible. My arms hurt. Scratch that, my entire body hurts.” I sighed. “Well I bet. They all started attacking you at once.” As I was talking Blizzard curled up on his lap and fell asleep. “Get some rest, it’ll help with your injuries and quicken your recovery.” He nodded and promptly fell asleep with Blizzard.

I chuckled and went back to the kitchen. I was cleaning the house when I heard Exdee complaining he was hungry. “Okay, hold on, I’ll make some food.” “Miso soup please!” He yelled. “Okie dokie.” Then I began cooking. In the middle of doing so I heard a knock on the door. I decided to go and make sure it was locked.

It was, so I left it alone and finished the Miso soup. Once I was finished the knocking was still going on. As I was putting the soup into a bowl for him I felt arms snake around my waist. I slightly jumped and turned my head to see Exdee of course. “Why aren’t you resting?” “You were taking too long, I got worried especially with the knocking and everything going on.” He said, resting his head on my shoulder.

I turned back to the soup and put in the last scoop of soup. Suddenly the knocking sounded as if someone was trying to kick down the door. Blizzard started staring at the door as well as Exdee. “Hold on.” I told him as I went to my room and put on armor. I grabbed my ax again and went back to the kitchen where Exdee was eating with Blizzard on the counter beside him. 

The pounding was getting more and more intense. I grabbed Exdee’s hand as Blizzard jumped onto my shoulder and we made our way towards the backdoor. But then the door broke down and of course it was Bad, Skeppy, Antfrost, Hannah, and Punz. They charged at us and I shoved Exdee towards the exit. “GO! Get Foolish! Hurry!” He nodded and ran out. I turned and began fighting them off but I was quickly overpowered and knocked out.

~Exdee’s POV~

I ran, trying to get to Foolish as quickly as possible. I realized it would probably take too long. Even though I knew of the consequences when teleporting while being injured I had no choice. I took a deep breath and teleported straight to Foolish. It felt like my body was being torn apart so slowly that it almost killed me while doing so.

Foolish jumped at my sudden appearance. He realized how injured I was and quickly escorted me to his house. “What the hell happened to you!?” “Ambush… Y/n stayed to hold them back I- I don’t know what happened to her… I couldn’t fight. I was injured in the last fight. Please, help her.” I begged him. His eyes widened with worry. I’ll get Sam and some of the others. Just stay here and rest, they can’t reach you here.”

I nodded but that didn’t help my rising anxiety. “Hey. She’s gonna be just fine. She won’t go down without a fight at the very least. I’m sure she’s fine. Now I gotta go.” And with that he was out the door and I was left with my what-ifs and worst case scenarios that raced through my mind like race cars. 

Forbidden Love (Exdee x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara