Chapter 8

~Y/n’s POV~

I woke up from my nightmare, worrying about Exdee. I calmed down very quickly as I realized he was holding me. Although it seemed he was asleep. I smiled softly and tried to move his arms so I could get free, but instead of loosening his grip, it tightened around my waist instead and he mumbled,

“Don’t leave…” So quietly I could barely hear him. I chuckled a bit before trying again but once again I wasn’t able to. He shifted a bit. “I thought I said don’t leave.” This time his voice was more stern and loud. “I have to go feed Blizzard.” “No. You just woke up from god knows what kind of nightmare. And don’t try to deny it. I saw you crying in your sleep so many times over the past week or so.”

My eyes widened in surprise. “Week or so!? Hold on what happened!? I don’t remember anything up to Bad telling me to change and the nightmares that followed after I yelled at them… I yelled at them! Holy shit I need to apologize!” I yelped, trying to get up. I was pulled back though as Exdee told me, “No. You need rest. You must not move. You just woke up and I’m sure you’re still tired.”

“No! I’m fine! See!” I said, sitting up. “Mhm. Then this shouldn’t hurt.” He then moved his hand to my neck and poked the back of it, which was still bandaged up for some reason. It sent a searing pain through my body. I hissed, closing my eyes and out of instinct moved my head forward and when I opened my eyes I was inches away from him.

I felt my face flood with heat as I quickly (too quickly) stumbled backwards and fell off the end of the bed. “Ow…” I groaned, sitting up and rubbing the back of my head. I looked back up at the bed and saw the god watching me with a cocky smirk on his face. “Don’t give me that look!” “I told you to stay but you didn’t listen to me of course. You mortals never listen.”

I huffed and flicked his forehead. Well technically the mask piece that covered his forehead. “That did literally nothing.” I huffed and stood up. I was a little shaky but other than that I was fine. “You’re a jerk.” And then I walked out the door. Unaware that my reaction had given him so many ideas…

I went to the kitchen and poured Blizzard some food and started to make food myself. While I was doing so I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I jumped, obviously startled by the sudden touch. “What are you making now?” “An omelet, why?” He rested his chin on my shoulder. “Can I try one?” “Yea, you can have this one and I’ll make another for me.” He hummed and nuzzled into my neck, sending heat flooding to my face again.

“What are you doing?” I asked, flipping the egg. “Nothing, why?” “No reason…” He chuckled and removed his head from my neck but not his arms. I finished the omelet and he let go. I added some stuff to his plate and then set it down in front of him. “Go ahead and try it. Tell me what you think.”

I said, before turning back to the stove to make one for myself. He was silent for a few seconds and when I looked back he was eating it rapidly. “Whoa there buddy! Chill, you don’t want to choke do you?” “No…But it’s too good…” I let out an airy chuckle as I placed my omelet on a plate and sat down beside him.

“I can always make more another time Exdee.” He nodded and watched as I ate my food. Blizzard sauntered into the room and sat in front of her bowl and started meowing for food. I huffed and stood up to get food for her but when I turned back to the table after doing so, I saw Exdee finishing my food. “Exdee! That was mine! You’re a jerk.” I huffed, stomping out of the room and into my own.

I closed the door behind me and locked the door. ‘He can sleep on the couch.’ I huffed again before starting to get ready for bed. I was about halfway dressed when I heard, “What are you doing?” I jumped and held my shirt to my chest, covering myself up.

I turned and saw Exdee sitting on the edge of my bed with his head resting in his hands. “I’m changing! Get out!” I yelled, as my face became hot and red. He disappeared in a puff of smoke and once I finished I stomped into the living room.

“Okay, adding a rule. Knock on my door if it’s closed and wait for me to answer before you walk or teleport in!” I huffed, plopping down on the couch beside him. He laughed as Blizzard jumped into my lap and curled up. “It’s not funny!” I retorted, petting the kitten. “Your reactions are always the best, dear.” “Don’t call me that you weirdo.”

“And why not, hm?” He teased while inching closer to me. I scooted away carefully and said, “Because it’s… it’s umm… I-… I don’t know, just don’t!” I stumbled over my words as I bumped into the arm of the couch. Blizzard jumped off my lap and ran away as Exdee got closer, with his mask lifted just enough so I could see his mouth.

Which had a mischievous smirk. My face turned red as I turned away from him. “Get back.” “Why~? Are you okay? Your face is turning red.” He teased me. I turned back to him and he was inches away from my face. I shoved him back and stood up as he laughed. “Okay I’m going to sleep now.” I squeaked out as I rushed to my room, locking the door behind me.

I sighed, sliding down the door with my back to it. I pulled my legs up and rested my head on them as I tried to calm my racing thoughts. ‘Dear god, give me strength.’ I silently prayed. I heard a scratching sound at my door and I opened it a crack and Blizzard came in. I closed the door and pulled her onto my lap. I petted her and she began to purr. My thoughts slowed but then I heard a knock from the front door.