Chapter 3: The Ties That Bind

Dear Diary,

As I approached my front door, my heart was racing with excitement. I hadn't seen my friend Ella in months, and I couldn't wait to catch up with her. I'm a social person at heart, but I'd been buried in books and classes, barely taking a break to see anyone outside of my immediate family. I wondered if they searched for me tho.

I was about to knock on the door when my parents burst out, their expressions a mix of relief and concern. "Sera, you're back!" they said in unison, ushering me and Ella inside for dinner. I was used to my parents being a little overprotective, but something in their demeanor felt different tonight. Maybe it was the way they kept glancing at me out of the corner of their eyes or the fact that they had already set an extra place at the table. Whatever it was, it made me feel a little uneasy.

Despite the tension, Ella and I had a great time catching up over dinner. We talked about everything from our classes to our dreams for the future. It was like we had never been apart. But as Ella left and I was about to say goodbye, the world around me suddenly shifted. Agents from the unknown organization appeared out of nowhere, attacking me and my parents. I was caught off guard, completely unprepared for the onslaught of violence and chaos.

Amid the attack, I locked eyes with Black Lotus. My spine tingled at the look in her eyes, and everything went dark.

The next thing I knew, I was in a cold, metal cell, with Black Lotus and her guards watching me through the glass door. My mind raced with confusion and terror. What was happening? Why were they doing this to me? I thought. What could they possibly want from me?

As the minutes turned into hours, my fear turned to anger. How dare they take me away from my life, my family, my dreams? I was determined to find a way out of there, to take back control of my life. And then I saw Tracy! "What's going on?" I cried out. Tracy berated me for what I did, I had no idea what I did, but it was too late. Black Lotus ordered for some chip to be inserted into my mind, I screamed and struggled as they injected me with anesthetic gas.

When I woke up, I felt disoriented and violated, a sense of dread gnawing at my stomach. But I also felt a glimmer of hope. I knew that I couldn't give up and that I had to fight for my freedom and my future. I was in a fight for my life against a powerful enemy, and I didn't even know why. But I knew that I was strong enough to face whatever came my way.

[Don't worry if you don't understand,  more will be explained as we get further into the story]