he left me

i'd take ur dog for a walk. i could try to look better than the makeover they did on me. the dress is too short? i can make it longer. the tea has gone cold? i can make you another one. you don't want me now but i haven't wanted myself since ages. it's all in my head but the truth tells me you're going to leave me.

it's how you told me "people won't get it. they're all shit" and me thinking that you are not a saviour for everyone so i handpicked you and the ringing inside my head was gone; you're an odd one but that part comes later. all those crossed out names and yours remain. the questions you don't deserve hang over my head. i take my black ink and scribble them all, crumble them up and throw it in the trash can. i realise i don't have a lighter so i don't light them on fire (or maybe it's because i don't want to).

our time together is so brief, you can ask your god to hold on a little longer and i will ask mine. you don't like me this way but i like you in all the ways. why am i still defending what i feel? if only things work out like that and your pride gets swallowed up by the monster in your head, if only you reached out once more, if only, if only. i cant make you stay and God's watching me impatiently to cross out your name on the list, another lousy story, another name to remember. people won't get it, they're all shit.