pool party-dustin x reader

As you arrive at the swimming pool party, you feel a little nervous. You're not great with crowds, but your friend convinced you to come, and you're glad you did. You look around and spot Dustin sitting alone by the pool. You've always had a bit of a crush on him, but you never thought you'd actually get to talk to him.

You take a deep breath and walk over to him, trying to act casual. "Hey, Dustin," you say, smiling. "Mind if I join you?"

He looks up, surprised to see you, but then grins. "Of course not," he says, scooting over to make room for you on the bench. "I'm just hanging out, trying to stay cool."

You nod, taking a seat next to him. You can feel your heart pounding in your chest, but you try to keep your cool. "Yeah, it's pretty hot out here," you say. "Are you having a good time?"

Dustin shrugs. "Yeah, it's okay. I'm not really a big fan of these kinds of parties, to be honest. I'd rather be playing video games or something."

You nod, understanding. "Yeah, I know what you mean. But hey, at least there's a pool, right?"

Dustin nods, looking around. "Yeah, I guess that's true. Have you been swimming yet?"

You shake your head. "No, not yet. I'm not really a great swimmer, to be honest."

Dustin grins. "Well, I could teach you, if you want. I'm pretty good."

Your heart skips a beat. "Really? That would be amazing, thanks!"

Dustin stands up, offering you his hand. "Let's go then. I'll show you the ropes."

As he leads you over to the pool, you can't help but feel a little giddy. You've always admired Dustin's confidence and humor, and now you're getting to spend time with him alone. You feel like you could talk to him forever.

As you start to swim around, Dustin gives you some pointers on your form, and you start to feel more confident in the water. He's a great teacher, patient and kind, and you can tell he really wants you to succeed.

After a while, you both take a break and sit on the edge of the pool, your feet dangling in the water. Dustin looks over at you, smiling. "You're a natural, you know that?"

You feel yourself blushing. "Thanks, Dustin. I couldn't have done it without you."

He leans a little closer to you, his eyes sparkling. "Hey, do you want to go for a ride down the slide? I bet it'll be a lot of fun."

You nod eagerly, feeling the excitement build in your chest. As you climb up the ladder to the slide, Dustin stays close by your side, encouraging you all the way.

When you get to the top, he grins at you mischievously. "You ready for this?"

You nod, feeling a little nervous but mostly excited. As you slide down together, you can't help but laugh and scream, the rush of the water making you feel alive.

When you reach the bottom, Dustin grabs your hand and helps you up. "That was awesome!" you say, grinning from ear to ear.

Dustin grins back at you, his eyes twinkling. "Yeah, it was. You're a lot of fun, Y/N."

You feel yourself blushing again, but this time, you don't mind. As the party starts to wind down, you and Dustin exchange numbers, promising to keep in touch.

🐢
i would drown if it meant dustin would save me