The Lakes

I was looking out of the window and sipping my coffee while listening to my favorite song. All wrapped up in my cardigan, it was my comfort clothe to put on, with stars down it's sleeves.

Thinking about how will it feel like living out of the town for three months, so far away from the world, just nature, my muse and me.

" Honey, did you pack your baggage?"
" Give me a little bit more time darling, I'm saying goodbye to this house that we turned into our home. "

My eyes were filled with the rain of nostalgia. I still remember the first day we moved here, two weeks after we got married.

But now we're ready to go where the peace will sound like the water, smell like roses, look like auroras.

He came and covered me in his arms while my teardrop was going down on my cheek. Sensitive was the word that described me, fragile and delicate.

" It sounds like your favorite song is on. "
~ You put me on and said I was your favorite ~
" As always. "

" I love you, more than you can ever imagine. And I would do everything to be with you and spend the rest of my life on the lakes. It's emotional to watch how far we've come. "

" It sounds crazy to me. It's been seven years, like, how can be this even possible? "

" Do you remember the day we met on collage? You were crying for some guy, I can't even remember his name now."

I laughed quietly,
" I remember it all too well. "

" When I saw that beautiful girl sitting in silence in the corner, I knew that I had to go and dry her cheeks, like I do now, like I will do ten years later. "

Joe always sounded like a poet, writing poems for me, singing songs with me. It was always like there was some invisible string tying me to him.

" Mom, when are we going? I'm bored. "
" I'm coming sweety, let's pack your clothes. "

Daisy May was always impatient, our one and only little girl. She had the cutest smile ever.

After packing her clothes, it was time to pack mine. When I was putting everything we need there, I saw the box that was burried in the past. For some reason, I wanted to open it up and read the lines that's written by me.

My little diary which I used in high school. The secret place I wrote dialogs, poems, songs, my thoughts, my feelings, his words, the rumors, everything. Opening up the diary lock opened the door to the past, 17 years ago.

The very first page, the freshman year, the first year of high school. When I was fifteen, the start of my story.

~ The songs that mentioned ~
Cardigan
The lakes
All of the girls you loved before
All too well
Invisible string
Fifteen