CHAPTER 1

"History never repeats itself; man always does."

"Ra! Are you finally gonna take my offer and let me become your spouse?" An enthusiastic Anemo Archon pestered the taller male as they walked down the hallways of the Luxor Temple

Ra just chuckled at the Younger God's attempts. "Like I said Barbatos, I still have to look over my nation. As the oldest Archon, it's my job to make sure that everything stays in order."

Barbatos pouts. "But I could help you! Looking over the entirety of the biggest nation in Teyvat all alone sounds boring don't you think?" Barbatos said as he stepped in front of the taller male to stop him from walking any further.

"You still have a nation to protect and look over yourself Barbatos. Maybe when I decide to hand over my leadership, then I might consider you courting me." Ra patted the smaller male on the head with a smile, then walked past him.

Barbatos' cheeks turned a slight shade of pink as he watched the male walk away.

"I'll make sure you become my spouse Amun-Ra! Even if you reject me 100 times I still will confess a 100 times more!" Barbatos yelled out the the retreating male and the male yelled back.

"I look forward to that Barbatos!"

Barbatos just smiled like an idiot and skips away in the opposite direction.

═══════════ ☩ 𓋹 ☩ ═══════════

"Amun-Ra? I'm surprised to see you here on a day like this." Makoto said as she held Yae Miko in her arms.

Ra smiled at the Archon. "Well, a little rain never hurt anyone, did it?"

The woman chuckled. "I suppose so."

"But it doesn't rain in your nation often. Are you upset by any chance?" Ra asked cautiously.

Makoto sighed. "I was just thinking about the Archon War."

The male frowned at the mention of the event. "I'm sorry that i couldn't stop it from happening." I look down at my feet.

Makoto looked at Ra's buff and tall form. "It wasn't your fault! You said yourself that you didn't know that the Gods of Celestia were going through with their plans. We don't blame you, Amun."

"I can never look you all in the eyes without remembering the pain that I could've prevented if I just-" Ra started speaking before he felt two hands on his cheeks.