CHAPTER 3

"Ignorance is dangerous."

Ra was walking in his gardens, watching as the children planted flowers and made flower crowns together

'Something feels...off about the gardens today.' Ra thought as he walked around a bit more.

The tall male saw an orange energy pulsing from one of small sphinx statues.

Before he could investigate, a child had taken his hand. "Hehe, Mr. Amun! Let's make flower crowns together!"

"Huh? Oh okay then." Ra smiled at the child before looking back at the statue, only to see it had gone back to normal.

'How strange...'

═══════════ ☩ 𓋹 ☩ ═══════════

Ma'at played with her amulet, looking at the civilians who were just walking around and trading with one another and such while she stayed afar and watch on her balcony.

"Why are you brooding again? Father said that your training has been going well and you should continue. Why are you so upset?" Shu asked as he stood by the door with his arms crossed.

Ma'at sighed. "You know why I'm not in the best mood."

"I actually don't. That's why I'm asking." Shu said as he crossed his arms.

Ma'at rolled her eyes and turned to face the buff male. "Yesterday, a lower ranking god came and started asking me questions."

"Yeah, so? Don't they do that a lot these days?" Shu looked at the female in confusion.

"It's just," Ma'at sighed "They were asking about who would take over father's nation after he steps down."

Shu's eyes widened a bit. "That's...something."

"And they were asking about a vault. A vault that could only be opened by nine keys." Ma'at looked back at her amulet, and pointed to Shu's mail as well.

Shu looked down at his amulet, then back at Ma'at. "What are you implying?"

"That god was an informant, and they were collecting information for someone." Ma'at said as he held he chin in between two fingers.

Shu looked off to the side to hide his obvious concern.

"...Father might be in danger." Ma'at said out of the blue, making Shu look at her in surprise.

"Danger?! What do you mean 'danger'?!" Shu yells out, scaring Ma'at.

"Stop yelling you buffoon!" Ma'at whispered.