Maths

Tommy's POV:

I walked upstairs to the maths room, I shouldn't even have this class. For all the other students, 10:25-10:45 was free time. That meant going to the library, or asking a teacher about homework, or studying that thing you've been stuck on for about two weeks. Afterwards, 10:45-11:00 was break. However, lucky old me got stuck here. In the class for "difficult" kids. What's even worse is the fact that I have maths 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 after this. 10:25-11:00, special kids maths. Yay. 11:00-12:00, fucking bullshit maths equations where Sarah is x years old and Adam has 10 apples. 

I walked into the class and there was three other kids. Brilliant. I hated George and Sapnap. Although, I could tolerate them if it meant I could speak to my friend.

"Hey, Dream," I said as I sat on the desk behind him. 

"Hey, Tom- Oh, God, you got one," the boy replied looking at Phil. 

"Yeah... I guess it was always gonna happen," I turned and looked at the man who took the seat next to me. Dream leaned backwards and whispered in my ear. 

"Y'know when I had one?" I nodded. "I was an absolute bastard for him. I was deemed 'unfixable' and they gave up on me. I am who I am, and who I will be, forever and always. My point is, don't get 'fixed', Toms, we like you like this. Stay yourself." With that, he faced forwards again. I nodded, more to myself than anyone. 

"Okay, now you've had your time to catch up," the teacher said, "today we're going to be using number lines!"

"For fucks sake! We're not fucking stupid!" Yelled George. 

"Oh no, number lines, so difficult!" Sapnap said, sarcasm evident in his bored voice. 

"We definitely can't count without having a number line drawn out!" I added, matching Sapnap's voice, but sniggering at the end. 

"How the fuck can we learn 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 in 35 minutes?" Dream said, also matching the tone, as we all laughed and the teacher went bright red. 

Phil stood up. 

"Now, now, boys, settle down. You're here to learn, and I'm sure that you can learn 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 you didn't know, if you pay attention."

We were silent for a few seconds. Then Dream whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, "Oh, Tommy. You got one of 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦," setting us back into hysterics. 

"I give up, do whatever you want for the next 25 minutes," the teacher said, exasperated. He went and sat down at his desk on his computer. 

"Sap, what score we on?" I asked. 

Sapnap pulled out his phone. After pressing a few buttons he proudly announced, "210 to us. Nil to him."

(i worked this out. The number does seem dodgy but it works and here's proof:

3 times a week.

Year 9.

2.5 years. 

28 (ish) weeks. 

3 x 2.5 x 28 = 210

Magical) 

I smirked at that. These people understood me. They just 𝘨𝘰𝘵  me, y'know. 

I noticed Phil writing in a little notebook, and, without any signs of what I was going to do, I jumped up and ripped it out of his hands. 

"Sap! Catch!" I yelled and tossed the book. Phil also jumped up with a surprised expression on his face. 

Sapnap opened the book and immediately starts giggling. 

"Listen to this... 

'Tommy shouldn't be in this maths class, the other boys are a bad influence on him'