Chapter 34

The carriage we had to arrive in was ridiculous, glossy black with gold flower details. The benches a velvety red.

"I feel stupid." I mumbled

Ryland looked at me, "well you don't look stupid."

Kicking him in the shin, "I'm sorry Lily, that this is happening. Trust me I hate it just as much as you."

Looking out the window at the people trying to look into the carriage, "I'm not gonna make it easy for them in the castle, I'll make it so they kick me out."

"Don't Dove, they aren't trying to hurt you, they are protecting you." Protecting me my ass, keeping me in a cage was the most dangerous thing they could do. For many different reasons, one being if someone comes in I am a very easy target. Next, if I get bored I will create havoc all over the place.

Rolling up to the castle gates people were all over the lawn and paving, walking up the curved steps into the castle, carriages lining the front. I leaned back in protest groaning as Ryland got out first then turned offering his hand to help me out, if I wasn't hurt I'd jump past him and run for it but that couldn't happen.

The only thing I could focus on was the man holding a tray of wine as we walked into the building. It was different now that I wasn't running through it when people laid in blood and pain on the floors. It was painted cream with accents of green plants and flowers everywhere.

My heels clicking on the tiles, pain shooting down my damn leg holding onto Ryland tightly for support "I am going to be losing these heels in 30 minutes."

He watched me struggle for a second, "We will stand in one single area for a while, you'll be fine."

Binx stayed close beside me "he should not be here." Shrugging at him "why not, he lives here now too yunno." Ryland's jaw flexed.

Entering the massive ball room, the amount of people in it made me want to throw up. The white and cream walls and pillars made the pink and purple flowers hanging around stand out beautifully.

As we pushed through the crowded people dancing and drinking, stopping to look at us and nod at Ryland. He was leading us up to Evander and Amice sitting on their thrones that sat on a stage, a few white tiled stairs going up to them. Two empty seats sat on either side of them.

Ry's grip was tight on me, as if he knew I was about to just run out. "Calm down Lily."

Easier said than done, we walked up to the King and Queen, Ry bowed so I curtsied with him.

Silent, not even looking at the two. "My god's Lily, you are absolutely gorgeous and completely grown. it's been too long." Amice was kind and inviting, I haven't seen much of her just mostly Evander. I think the last time I did see her was when I was 16 so it has been quite some time.

Amice was most likely the main reason why I'll be in this castle for a while. Keeping myself deep in thought not realizing they were talking to me waiting for an answer, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear."

Amice was smiling sweetly, "we are beyond excited to have you here, Aiden should be around somewhere I do hope you will save a dance for him. I can already see the wandering eyes on you." Great, making me more nervous and pissed, I just wanted to scream. Hell I actually had a massive itch to kill someone or something.

Evander chuckled, "don't think Ryland will allow that to really happen huh Ry."

He was smirking "they'd have to come and approach her to figure that out."

"Well I do hope you both enjoy yourselves, and Lily feel free to sit up here with us if you wish, the other leaders would love to see you again."

Bowing my head, I completely forgot about them being here. As Ry took me away from the front I now looked around at the people. I tried to assume where these people came from, but it was honestly too hard to tell. Everyone was just the same as we are here, a mix of races and creatures.