Chapter 35

The cethin had gotten up putting one of my arms in his mouth and everything went black until we landed in a very familiar room.

My room in the minster. Why did he bring me here? It was covered in dust and dirt. I tried to get up but my wounds said otherwise I could feel my corset soaking up blood, at the thigh of my dress the second wound was bleeding through. I laid back on the wooden floor in complete exhaustion from all the emotions and pain I just went through and closed my eyes.

~~~

I was standing in that black space, on top of water with stars mirroring everywhere. A woman was walking towards me, I wasn't afraid at all she was breathtakingly gorgeous with long blonde hair and flowers woven into it. Her mouth was moving but no sounds came out.

Two men came behind her, one I've seen before with lightning bolts, the other man looked similar but held a tall staff with a raven sitting on top. Like the women they spoke but no voices came out, the raven cawed which I heard loud and clear. It flew up then straight at my face waking me up in a panic.

~~~

Sitting up in the room now lit up with morning sun, a big cat Binx laid close to me. My body still bleeding, I pressed my hand to it and stood up limping to the bathroom. Wiping away dust and cobwebs with my bloodied hand streaking the mirror.

Looking at myself, some kind of somewhat familiar runes now marked my neck. Two X's connected on top of one another with a single line down the center of them. A contract mark to say who I belonged to. Finger printed bruises were on the back of my neck where Kade had gripped me.

Taking it slow I walked out of my room barefooted from leaving my shoes in the courtyard of the castle. We went exploring down the old hall. Maybe I could find bandages somewhere.

The claws and scratches still scared the walls and floors. Feeling a hole in my chest as I got to the kids room, the spot where Henry's body had been found was stained black. A figure of him sat on the wood of his bed smiling at me. Turning to behind the door, the wall and ceiling from June was stained dark. She stood at the window pointing outside. Backing out of the room I closed the door tight.

It was so quiet in the building just like that morning. Making my way down the broken chipped stairs creaking and groaning every step I made, sounding like they'd give in at any moment.

More black stains splattered all over the stairs and the ground floor still soaked into the tattered carpet. The cafeteria might as well have been painted black with the amount of splatters and pools that were in it. Just standing at the doorway I felt like the smell that day was still lingering.

Entering the nave just fueled me with anger. Getting to the center pool with the cleansing waters, expecting it to be empty it was full with clear water. The stone edges were filthy, covered in undisturbed dust hinting it hadn't been filled or touched in a very long time. The cracks in the stone floor were dark, still caked in the blood from the priest.

Binx was walking in and out of the pews checking out the room, so I did the same going up to the front stage. Behind the podium was the table I'd been hit with reeds at, absolutely disgusted and pissed I picked it up tossing it at the status of Themis behind.

It didn't go very far since it was so heavy, feeling more rage I started destroying what I could in the area, hot tears running down my cheeks. I tried to knock the podium over but couldn't because it was bolted into the floor, in frustration of memories and events from the past few days. I threw myself onto the floor sobbing.

After what was probably an hour I took a few breaths to calm down and collect myself. Looking around at my surroundings Rayna was crouched down next to me, looking at the podium. I followed her eyes and noticed the wood breaking away at the base. A cold draft came from under it, "the fuck is up with these Sutara and their weird ass hidden doors."