Forty-five

Omniscient

She stirred in her sleep at the cries of a baby but she thought she was dreaming so she was about roll over to go back to sleep when the baby's cries got louder and reality hit her.

She stretched and yawned before prying her tired eyes open and sitting up in the bed. She pushed the blanket off her legs and swung them over the edge of the bed before she got up.

Walking over to the crib in the corner of the room, she picked the baby up and kissed the top of her head. "Hi mommy's baby." She got a wipes and cleaned her breast off before she let the baby latch on. She then went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

Coming back out of the bathroom after brushing her teeth, she took a seat in the rocking chair and leaned back. She looked down at her baby and a sad smile found it's way onto her face because she looked so much like her father and she missed him so much.

The door to her room opened and he walked in with her breakfast. She could now move about the house and her absolute favourite thing to do was sit outside in the garden to watch the sunset but even though she could walk around freely, he still made sure to bring her breakfast every morning.

"Nikki aguh come sort out yuh hair fi yuh tomorrow."

"Okay." She remembered that she needed some stuff for the baby so she decided to say it to him. "Akeeria pampers dem a done enuh."

"Weh yuh ave cyaan last yuh til mi come back tomorrow?"

"No."

"Mi cyaan even guh wid yuh now cause mi a cut inna fifteen minutes." She couldn't wait for him go even if it was for one day.

"But mi need dem an some other likkle tings too."

"Mi know, just gimme a minute fi think up a solution." The room went quiet and she sat there absentmindedly rubbing the baby's head while he thought. "Mi aguh mek Neka guh wid yuh."

"Okay." He leaned down and kissed the baby's hair before he kissed her forehead.

He grabbed her chin and made her look up at him. "Fi di love a everything unholy, doh duh nthn stupid."

"I promise I won't." And she wouldn't because she had the scars to show for everytime she tried to escape or lashed out. She had to think twice now about doing anything stupid because she now had her baby to keep alive and she would never be able to forgive herself if something bad were to ever happen to her baby.

"Mi aguh call yuh later suh stay by di phone."

"Okay. Be safe." She told him as he left the room and pulled the door closed behind him. Be safe. Yuck. She wished he was anything but safe and the GRIM REAPER would give him the one thing he so desired, DEATH.
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Zaria Harvey

I was at the supermarket with Dia, Chelsea and Zaiya while Xave and Akeem went to take care of some business.

They were going to be here for a while and we didn't have enough food in the house for so many of us. "Corey seem alright tuh yuh?" He couldn't be okay, not when the love of his life was six feet under the earth with her memories, pictures and her name on a tombstone being the only thing he had left of her.

"Him a wul it man."

"How are you holding up?"

"I want my sister back but I know that's not possible suh a guess mi a gwaan wul it tuh." I was honestly surprised I still had any tears left because a day didn't pass where I didn't bawl my eyes out when the memories surfaced and I felt like my head was about to explode. "Can we change the subject?"