8. The Escape

Hiccups POV

I have been in prison for a month and I don't think I can stand up to anymore punishment so I have to take action. I was walking back from my punishment and saw that the dragons were kept not too far from my cell and an escape plan formed in my head I would just have to pray that the guards keys unlocked all doors in order for my plan to work. When I got to my cell I looked to see if anything could break the chains I was being held up in. They decided to put me back in them to make me change my mind about keeping my mouth shut about the artifacts. I spotted a rock in the corner but I had to figure out how to grab it. The hunters suddenly pushed me into the cell and when I landed on the ground I flicked the rock closer to me without them seeing. They then locked me up and walked off. I checked the coast was clear and tried to use my metal leg to flick the rock up into my hand but it was very difficult to do but after a while I managed to flick the rock into my hand. I then banged it onto my cuffs, the noise was so loud but luckily Dagur was screaming at guards so no one could hear. After a little while I managed to break off all the cuffs I jumped down and put on my amour. Then I yelled "Guard I'll tell Viggo what he wants to know" the guard walked over with excitement at the fact I was going to reveal the information but his looked changed to anger when he saw I had gotten out of my chains and had my amour. He opened the door ready to attack but I punched him in the face and he was out. I grabbed the keys off his belt and snuck off to find Toothless. All I could think of was how lucky I was that the guards didn't hear or see me escape. I finally reached Toothless's cell and it was heavily guarded. I felt so annoyed but what was I expecting. You need a lot of guards to guard a sleeping unholy offspring of lightning and Death itself. I quickly changed my voice to sound like a hunter and yelled "THE PRISONER ESCAPED FIND HIM NOW!" the guards ran off to look for me, I used this chance to then sneak up to Toothless's cell and let him go. I ran to the cage trying to stay as quiet as possible praying that the key would fit and...IT DID! We snuck out of the area and watched our every move to sneak out. After a lot of running and sneaking we made it to the exit where we escaped. I thought we could just fly out but I looked to see Toothless's tail was broken still. I could hardly stand because of blood loss but tried to think of something. I looked at my blood soaked tunic and ripped it and patched his tail with the fabric its not the best thing in the world but I hope it holds then we took off. Suddenly a bunch of arrows started firing me and Toothless we luckily dodged all of them and flew up higher into the clouds. I then heard Dagur scream "WE WILL FIND THE KING OF DRAGONS NIGHT RIDER!!" We then flew away from the island.

an hour later..

We landed on an island because my wounds had gotten so much worse there was a big gash on my side and I could hardly see anymore. Toothless looked at me and said "are you okay what's going on?" "It's just a cut bud ill...b..be..fi..ne" I started to feel dizzy and I fell to my knees. Toothless pulled some stuff from his saddle bag hoping it would help. I smiled at him and started to patch up my wounds, the blood had stopped spilling everywhere so I thought that we could leave but as soons as I got up I blacked out.

Next morning...

I woke up feeling light headed but better than I did last night. I tried to sit up but was tackled to the ground by an over grown lizard "yes I'm okay bud sorry for scaring you" "its okay but I'm not letting you fly me for the next few days you are still to injured and need rest" "yes mum" I said and rolled my eyes. Toothless helped me get up and we started looking for a place to hide and lay low for a while.

A week later...

I mounted Toothless He looked at me worried and I told him "I'll be fine okay" he nodded and smiled. (A/n yes Toothless can understand Norse) we the. Took off to go home to the edge and check up on the king of dragons along the way.(A/n king of dragons not at Berserker island) But as we are flying I start thinking what the Berkians would have done if the hunters were not chasing me?

Word count: 897

A/n
The chapters might start coming out a bit more slowly so sorry but school started again yay. Term 2 of Yr 7 first year of highschool. I'm being sarcastic.😅