Careful | Iris x Reader

@auroraliqht from AO3 had requested an Iris x Reader romantic oneshot where the reader gets injured during the escape sequence and they realise their crush on Iris when they arrive at Wind-Row Island. I hope you enjoy this. And Aurora, I'm sorry I didn't include your character's attributes in the fic, your character sounds lovely. I really hope you enjoy this!

(Y/n) - Your Name

(E/c) - Eye Color

(S/c) - Skin Color

(H/c) - Hair Color

(Y/b) - Your build

(Y/w) - Your weapon

(Y/m) - Your magic

______________________________________

The group had carefully gotten off the ship, which was a bit broken in some spots, but still in somewhat of a good shape. Neviro held himself onto (Y/n), while Iris supported Morden, the four settling some place. (Y/n), after helping Neviro sit down on an already cut tree log, went to get more wood for fire and another seat.

However, they stopped when they felt a sharp pain in their side, looking down to see that the fabric has been cut, and a deep gash in their skin. Which was still bleeding. That's when they noticed the several bruises that have been left on their body. But oh well. It was just a few scratches and bruises. They'll walk them off like usual.

What the (H/c) (Y/b) didn't notice is that a certain red hair has been watching them. Iris had noticed beforehand the bruises. Before, she didn't say anything, because, obviously, they were in danger, but now was probably the best time. So, she went after them, right after instructing Neviro to help Morden patch up.

"(Y/n), hold on." spoke up the emerald eyed woman, making the (E/c) person stop in place. "You're hurt. You should lay low for a bit." (Y/n) hummed slightly, scratching the back of their head. "Iris, I'm fine, it's just a few minor bruises. Nothing I can't han-" "You're bleeding." the girl put emphasis on bleeding, making (Y/n) bite their lower lip.

"The others are already hurt as is. I really don't want to be a burden on all three of you-" "(Y/n), are you even hearing yourself right now?" Iris raised her voice, placing her hands on her comrade's arms. "You're not a burden. Not to me, not to Neviro and Morden, not to anyone. Stop trying to act all tough and mighty like you're not gonna die!"

(Y/n) knew Iris was right, somewhere deep down inside them, but they didn't want to seem weak. Like they couldn't handle a few punches and scratches. Heck, they didn't even want to worry Iris- Wait. Not worry Iris? Just Iris? ....Huh. Wait.

Their face flushed slightly, eyes widening in realisation. Did they...have a crush on Iris? No, that wasn't right. They just met her. They couldn't have possibly had a crush on her. But here they were, blushing, and now having a hard time finding their words.

Meanwhile, Iris took the liberty of taking the (y/b)'s hand, leading them back to the others. "Sit." instructed the girl. They did as told, watching Iris carefully. The red head had taken some bandages, kneeling down in front of them. Soon, she began to bandage up certain spots, like their leg, side, and wherever they've been injured.

(Y/n) couldn't stop her now. Best let Iris do her thing and not continue being stubborn. "Hey...Iris?" "Hm?" "Thank you. A-And....I love you." "No need to thank me. And I love you to- Wait. What?" it hit Iris like a bullet. Did she hear that right? "What'd you say?" the blush on (Y/n)'s grew redder, the person repeating what they have stated before "I love you."

Now it was Iris' turn to redden. When the emerald eyed woman didn't say anything, the (y/m) user inhaled "Listen, I'm just as confused. I...never really knew that I'd grow to like you in that way. I-I mean... I...Dear seas, how do I explain? I liked you before. But I thought it was normal to...like someone a lot. A whole lot. But, just now, I realised what it actually was. It was-" "Love." finished Iris for them, who was now sitting next to them. "Yeah." the two sat in silence for a moment, looking away from each other.

That was until (Y/n) had felt a hand on theirs. They turned their head to look back at Iris, who was looking back at them, smiling. "I love you too, (Y/n)." the (y/b) stared for a few seconds, their smile widening with each passing second. Then, they both slowly inched closer, their lips touching. It was a sweet, long kiss. The two had wrapped their arms around each other, their eyes closed, not parting away from each other for a second, as if the world around them had been forgotten.

They soon pulled away, taking in air. The two stared deep into each others' eyes for a few more seconds, before they heard a clap and a sniffle. The now couple turned towards the source. Morden was looking at the two, smiling, as he clapped, while Neviro wiped his eyes. "Neviro...are you crying?" snorted (Y/n), making the prince look away "No. Some dust had just gotten in my eyes, that is all."