Forget me, forget me not | Morden x Reader

I want to apologize for the lack of fics. Lately, some things have been happening (and Easter for me just got fucked, so that's that). And...yeah, I'm gonna make up for it.

Anywho. DollFaceIsAlive requested a fic where Morden and player are established lovers. This takes place when player wakes up and has amnesia and Morden basically decides that it's best to part ways for a while. So, basically, angst. I hope you enjoy this one.

(Y/n) - Your Name

(E/c) - Eye Color

(S/c) - Skin Color

(H/c) - Hair Color

(Y/b) - Your build

(Y/w) - Your weapon

(Y/m) - Your magic

______________________________________

"Go, go, go!" ushered Morden, holding his lovers hand as they and Tucker ran towards the shore, where they kept all the rowboats. "Agh!" Tucker yelled out, as he had been shot.

"TUCKER!" called out (Y/n), letting go of Morden's hand to quickly aid to their injured friend. "Shit! No, no, no!" Morden cursed to himself, as he went to Tucker's other side. "Hey, hey! Don't close your eyes on us!" he hissed, slapping his cheek. "We have to move!"

What Morden didn't notice is that there was an order member right behind him, the back of their musket ready to strike his behind. (Y/n), without thinking, quickly in front of the member, getting hit right in the head last minute. Morden noticed too late, his eyes widening in horror as he noticed them fall to the ground. "(Y/N)!"

In a fit of rage, he uppercut the member, not thinking through that he could have used his magic, although, the hit was effective. Somehow, he was quick enough to drag himself and both his friend and lover to the nearest rowboat, making sure to gently lay them into it, before he grabbed the rows and started to swim away as fast as he could.

. . . . . . . . .

It had been a few days since they washed up on the shore of an island. Morden was, unfortunately, too late to save Tucker. So, in his memorial, he made a makeshift grave for the fallen friend. He promised himself that when he gets the resources, he'll make a proper gravestone for him.

However, his significant other had yet to wake up. He didn't bother to check if they had woken up this time, as he eas still mourning over Tucker. However, he didn't ignore the footsteps that would come from behind him. The black haired man turned around, not before wiping his tears away. "You've finally woken up. I was wondering how many more days it'd take you." his face stayed neutral, although, he couldn't really control the way his lips were tugging into a smile.

He took notice of the fact that (Y/n) was confused. Way too confused. "Who..are you?" it hit him harder than it should have. Was this a sick joke? Or did they... really not remember who he was? Because if it was the first option, he was not laughing. "You're kidding me, right? Don't you remember who I am?"

"I don't remember anything." this wasn't a cruel joke, as much as he wanted it to be. This was serious. "You lost your memories? Great. Just..." he inhaled, then exhaled. "I'm Morden, you're (Y/n) (L/n). We..." he paused for a moment. "We're lovers. And we just escaped from the place full of people that would conduct experiments on us." he turned towards the grave "We were friends with Tucker, who sadly, didn't make it."

He turned back towards the (e/c) eyed person, noticing their sad look. "I'm sorry-" "No, it's fine." he cut them off, slowly embracing them in a hug. "I think... it'd be best if we parted ways for a while." this made (Y/n) pull away, and look at him. "Why?" "I just think it'd do us some good for now. Plus, maybe if you go towards Redwake, which is east from here, you could recover your memories. I think. Just...be careful." he would place a kiss upon their forehead, before stepping back.

"You can take the rowboat. I have a spare one anyway." the (h/c) haired person looked a little puzzled. "What about you?"

"I think I'll go towards Palo Town. But before that, I'll stick a little longer around here. Take care and...I love you." he bid, before turning back towards the grave. After a little while, he heard footsteps fade, and soon saw the sight of the rowboat in the distance. "Take care, (Y/n)." he bid one last time, this time mumbling to himself.

. . . . . . . . .

He didn't count the days as they passed, but he knew it has been a while since he saw his significant other. He had stopped by Sailor's Lodge, standing by the fire, as he gathered his thoughts. He had to come up with a way to locate the shady looking people. He didn't know it, but he could feel that they were up to no good. Something was way too shady about them. Nonetheless, he had to think before he could act.

His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of footsteps behind him. "Hm?" he slowly turned around, his expression changing.

"Morden?"

"(Y/n). It's been a while." he spoke, a smile forming his face, a soft blush on his cheeks.

Finally, they had reunited once more.