13 - ... It'll be

Okay so what is so important that you couldn't just FaceTime me to talk about. Nessa asked while sitting down on the couch, turning the television off and setting the remote in the coffee table.
   Well, it's something Addison told me. You know, Dixie's girlfriend.
  Yeah?...
Well she said you were hanging out with Jaden and he made you smile and you guys did almost everything together while you were in Cali and I- woah woah woah. There was nothing between Jaden and I. He's dating that girl Mads. Nessa stood up and Avani sat down.
   That's all I needed to hear from you Ness. I fully believe you and I just wanted to talk about it. Now can we start over so I can get my hug? Avani asked while opening her arms.
   If Nessa was being honest, she really wanted to just jump into Avani's arms and just stay there forever.
   Nessa nodded and stepped into Avani's arms.
Wait. Wait wait wait. Did I upset you in any way? If so I didn't mean to. Avani asked while stepping away from her.
  No. Why would you think that?
You just kinda. Un-excitingly hugged me. Avani didn't mean to upset Nessa, if she did anyway.
   You didn't upset me Avani. Now let's start over. Nessa jumped on Avani, tackling her onto the floor.
  I missed you loser. Avani smiled while hugging her tightly.
   I missed you more.

Dear diary,
After 105 days of not hugging Avani I finally hugged her today. I still have a few months without her after she leaves in two weeks. I'm going to cherish these moments forever. Avani is asleep on my bed. She won't let me sleep on the floor or on the couch, she says she wants to cuddle me which makes my heart happy. I love her.

March, 31st

Nessa climbed beside Avani and tucked herself in between her arms, feeling safe. She very quickly fell asleep and awoke to Avani turning over.
Hmmm. Nessa grumpily groaned while hugging Avani's back.
Don't worry tiny. I was just checking the time. Avani's sleepy voice grumbled while she turned back around to snuggle Nessa.
You gave me a nickname. She smiled wholeheartedly.
Yep. I got you saved in my phone as tiny. Because well, look at you. You're so small.
I missed you. Nessa scooted further into Avani's arms and closed her eyes.
I'm still tired.
I am too tiny. Let's get at least another hour or two and then we can spend some time together. Avani played with Nessa's hair until she fell back asleep and then she went to sleep.
Soon enough the sun began peaking through the lightly colored curtains that Nessa hung up when she was 15.
Nessa sat up, feeling Avani's arms reach out for her.
Vani? I don't feel good. Nessa yawned, rubbing her eyes before climbing out of bed.
I'm sorry Ness. Is there anything I can do to help you?
No. I'm gonna be okay. What should we do today?