2

"Ma'am? Why did you come back early? You didn't even notify me, so I can send someone to pick you up." Seeing the beautiful wife's return, Ke Xian hurriedly stood up to greet her.

  Zhao Guowei's only daughter, Zhao Xuelian, went back to the General's Mansion to visit her parents a few days ago, and she was supposed to come back the day after tomorrow.

  "It's not because of you that I went back to my mother's house in the snowy day. Now that the imperial decree has come down, I should come back." Zhao Xuelian said with a smile, walked to the brass charcoal stove, and warmed a pair of white jade hands.

  "What? Is this decree related to father-in-law?" Ke Xian asked cautiously. He was fourteen years older than Zhao Xuelian. When he married her, he set up thousands of banquets and caused a sensation in the city.

  As for Ke Xian's original wife, Mrs. Liu, although she came from a famous family and was well-educated, she unfortunately died of dystocia, leaving one body and two lives. The emperor saw that his cousin was pitiful, so he proposed a marriage for him again, and married General Zhao's daughter as his wife.

  It's hard to be a widower at the age of twenty-eight, but it's also hard to marry a fierce and domineering daughter of the Wu family!

  Relying on the emperor's marriage and her prominent family background, Zhao Xuelian sold all the attractive maidservants around Ke Xian within two days after entering the house. For a while, the maidservants packed their bags and cried, very miserable.

  Then the maidservants serving the prince are all "dowry" brought by Zhao Xuelian from her natal family, they usually don't even dare to look at the prince's face, they are very well behaved.

  Zhao Xuelian is in strict control of the family law of the palace and does not allow the slightest difference between "upper and lower". Over the years, because of a single mistake, no less than twenty servants have been tortured, tortured and killed by her. , Throwing the corpse to the back mountain, I was shocked and panicked, and I was even more obedient to this beautiful but ruthless princess.

  Although the family law is harsh, under Zhao Xuelian's care, the wealth of Prince Ke's mansion has also grown like a snowball, and the status in the court and the opposition is not the same. For this, the prince is grateful, even if the princess only gave birth to him. A daughter, who has not yet had a son, and he has no complaints.

  "Of course." Zhao Xuelian said without concealment, "This imperial decree is the holy grace that my father asked for."

  "What?" Prince Ke became even more uneasy, why did his father-in-law throw this hot potato to himself? You must know that the hunting of the royal family is no small matter, if there is a slight negligence, it will be a matter of killing everyone!

  "I know your elm head—you can't get it out of death!" Zhao Xuelian poked Prince Ke's forehead forcefully, and said contemptuously, "Will my father still harm us? Don't even think about it, why does the emperor want to open up a new hunting ground?"

  "This...is for the selection of a prince?" Lord Ke said carefully after thinking about it.

  "Finally, I'm right." Zhao Xuelian's face turned pale, and her tone softened, "Next autumn, the Crown Prince of the Eastern Palace will be named. Right now, what everyone is most concerned about is how to choose. In terms of birth, all the princes have the right to inherit. , who said that the queen has no heirs?"

  "Then what the emperor means is that the princes are required to compete in martial arts before making a decision?" Prince Ke asked. Now that the ten kingdoms are in constant conflict, the prince must be a generation with high martial arts skills, bravery and good at fighting, otherwise Even if one sits on the East Palace position, one will not be able to sit firmly.