Chapter 12

The three new leaders were hiding in a bush. The other mongooses were in sight, but Crystal, Pinecone, and Honeycomb didn't want to be seen yet.

"So, what's the plan?" Pinecone whispered.

"Do we tell our packs about the Bright's Law, but in our own packs?" Honeycomb suggested in a whisper.

"No," Crystal whispered back, "we do it together, and then go our separate ways."

"Sounds like a plan," Pinecone agreed.

Crystal stepped out of the bush first, and the mongooses noticed. They all turned to look at her. Honeycomb stepped out of the bush, and then Pinecone.

"Mongooses of... uh..." Crystal said, looking around to see all of the mongooses. They needed a name for their new home. A name that all of the packs could share. It would make the Bright's Law more powerful and more known.

Crystal thought for a moment. "T-the Paradise Place."

"The what?" Destiny asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"The Paradise Place. I have given this land this name for the sake of the Bright's Law." Crystal announced before nodding to Honeycomb, hinting it was her turn to speak.

"The Bright's Law is the code we will be going by. It's 'fight together, not each other.' even though we're all... separated now, we're all still one. The Paradise Place. We can all share this name to make the Bright's Law more powerful."

The mongooses all looked at each other. There was some whispering and some nodding, but River stayed quiet as always.

"Now that we're clear, we can all head to our territories now," Pinecone said.

"Sun-pack, follow me," Honeycomb called out. Her pack followed her towards her territory. Honeycomb turned around while walking to look at Crystal."Good-bye," Honeycomb mouthed before walking away.

"Water-pack, come with me," Pinecone called before walking off to his territory with his new pack.

Finally, it was Crystal's turn. She took a deep breath before saying, "Leaf-pack, follow me."

She began to walk towards her territory, which wasn't that far. The pack followed Crystal to their new territory.

After a few moments, the mongooses reached a small stream. It was shallow enough for them to cross it by just walking over it. Crystal decided to name the stream "Crystal creek," after her so future generations could remember the mongoose's long journey.

Later in the day, it was mid-sun, and Leaf-pack was settling in their new territory. The trainees were out hunting with Destiny, and the pack-members were digging burrows. Crystal knew that finally, they were home. She also knew that the journey wasn't over, for it was just beginning.