𝚝 𝚠 𝚘

George was drifting off to sleep; a very distant gunshot waking him up. He looked around the roof, not seeing anything. He was wide awake again.

He dreaded these nights, he hated having to stay awake by himself and listen to the chaos around him. They were long nights.. long and scary nights. George sighed and got up, grabbing his axe, going to the edge of the roof, and dangling his feet off.

He fiddled the weapon in his hands, flipping it around and watching as the blade was effortlessly avoiding injuring the skin. He smiled at this new skill he's developed, glancing around and seeing a few Ghoulie's mindlessly walking around below him- he started to think. He got lost in thoughts.

Then got snapped back into reality when he heard his axe hit the metal grill below him. He flinched at the loud noise and looked down at the dented grill, noticing the few Ghoulie's he saw earlier look up at him.

George's eyes widened and he scooted away from the edge of the roof. The noise was piercing; getting most of Ghoulie's attention. George got up and turned around, seeing one stumble onto the roof after having climbed it.

Climbers/Crawlers were the creepiest of them all; usually only having one or two legs and endless bleeding. George gagged slightly at the sight and stumbled back away from it.

He reached the other edge of the roof, glancing behind him for a second to see if anything was down there. He looked back at the Ghoulie that was crawling towards him. George took a deep breath, turning towards the edge of the roof and jumping. He landed on the ground with a roll, looking up at the roof after dusting himself off.

"Shit-" he mumbled to himself, glancing around and seeing a few Ghoulie's stumbling towards him. George heard laughing in the distance, assuming it was a group of people being stupid at night, so he ignored it.

George took off in the opposite direction, just wanting to get away. After a while of endless jogging, he stopped and took a deep breath, putting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

He looked over and saw an abandoned house. Well, most houses were abandoned, but this one looked well enough kept to give George some safety. He walked in and found that the house was pretty well kept, but it looks vacant. George made sure the door was locked before just going to the couch, not realizing how tired he was until he sat down.

He looked around until his nerves went away, calming himself and laying down. He got caught in his thoughts again until eventually, he fell asleep.

. . .

"Who the fuck-" George heard a voice say, keeping his eyes closed

"Relax. He's fine, he's not doing anything" Another voice said. George assumed they were talking about him, so he stayed quiet; hoping they just let him sleep.

"So what? We just let him stay here?" The first voice asked sarcastically

"Well we can't just throw him out, we aren't monsters" A third voice chimed in

"We aren't angels either Bad," The first voice said with a bitter tone

"Well-" the third voice, or 'Bad' as the first voice said, started but was cut off

"Shh-" The second voice said, hushing everyone in the room. It went silent for a while, almost allowing George to fall back asleep until he heard shuffling around the room and he was suddenly picked up by the front of his shirt and pushed against the wall

"What the fuck-" George said and grabbed whoever's was holding his wrist

"Who are you?" The person holding him asked