perfect crime

hi guys, I'm so sorry I haven't been active in a while! everything at schools just been so busy! I've written a slightly long part to compensate for my hiatus, I hope u guys enjoy and thanks sm for being patient!

--------------------

walk through hell - anson seabra

i would've walked through hell
to find another way
i would've laid me down
if I knew that you would stay

-

'how many deaths have you died to be so strong? - steffi

/

irina

Irina stared at herself in the mirror and for the first time, she hated the way she looked. Irina Andreyev, the soon to be Mrs Sidorov, was a beauty to behold in her white dress. The jewel neckline of her dress hugged her shoulders, thin net fabric accentuating her neck and slim arms. Genya had done her hair up in a low bun, wolves with pale pink flowers. The rest of her gown was crafted with silk fit for a queen. Irina smiled to herself, again the courtesy of Genya. Her finger glided over the waistline of the dress. The fabric hung loose in all the right places and was comfortable to walk and even dance in. Irina seemed to glide when she walked. Her make up was done professionally; light golden eyeshadow to highlight the dark brown edges of the sharp eyeliner. Lips painted a hue of merlot red, cheeks a slight peach blush. Everything was perfectly in place. Pearl and diamond earrings. No necklace though, Irina hated the thought of her neck being restrained. She gingerly ran a hand along her collarbone. Too many bad memories. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She was Irina the invincible. She had survived everything that life had thrown at her. And she would survive this too. It was just a wedding. She didn't have to love Michail. She just had to have a son. Then, she would be secure. Her life would have direction. If, no when, Michail was made General, she would have to power to do anything she wanted. The army, at her fingertips. Yes, focus on that. She imagined a life full of comfort, joy, happiness. She wouldn't need to sleep with one eye open, she wouldn't be afraid of anything. Or anybody. Maybe her family would stop haunting her in her sleep. She could hear her brothers whispering in the back of her mind. Murderer. She opened her eyes. Not now, I have a wedding to go to.

The whole of the Little Palace were there. They had been much fanfare about Irina's spectacle of a wedding for at least four days. The Palace and even the royal family had only known for four days. In her defence, it was a whirlwind of a decision. That's what she told people. Yes, it was a whirlwind of a decision. He just got down on one knee, I wasn't expecting it! It was so romantic! That's what she told her posse of friends. Idiots, the lot of them. Everyone else, she just smiled sarcastically when they complimented her on the occasion. She wanted to spit in their faces but she restrained. The new lady shouldn't act in such a harsh and unrestrained manner. So she just smiled and clenched her fists so hard she thought they would bleed. They never did though, all that was left were little crescent moons on her palms.

The King had declared it a massive event. 'For the boy that I love like a son' he had said. Of course, that could mean a number of things. Someone he actually loved and cared about or a possible pawn he could use in his devious schemes to impose war on the Shu or the Zemeni. It was almost definitely the latter. Either way, Michail got the big wedding. Banners with his colours and hers; crimson and scarlet red with a dark cadmium green. They twisted the colours together in a spiral of shades, entwining them together. The edges of the banners were lined with gold and black. The Darkling and the Royal Family. They had the rather clichéd letters MS and IA on them too. That she didn't like. It looked so...fake. Stereotypical. Ignorant. As if she were promising her entire life to a man she didn't love. Then, she thought about Konstantin.