Chapter I

In a field of wildflowers, stood a young teen, knee-deep in the mud, looking at the flowers with great fascination, her friends talking loudly a little further. It was a peaceful evening in district 5 and Willow never got bored of going in the fields to look at the wildlife. She already had a little stack of flowers next to her, her sickle at her right.

« Hey Willow ! Are you going to spend your next 20 years here ? »

This loud voice was Daphne, her hands around her mouth so she could be heard more easily, next to her was a giggling Leo, layed down on the ground with a blade of grass in his mouth. Joining their laughter, Willow stayed on her knees and turned around to respond to her.

« Oh come on ! It's not like I spend every day here ! » and while she snorted a little with her own comment, Leo laughed even more loudly and Daphne scoffed. « Oh only four days a week ! » The blond pouted a little and took a handful of grass to throw at the other girl. Leo, as always, was laughing so loudly at them that he accidentally swallowed the grass he had in his mouth, nothing to worry about, he didn't choke but the surprise on his face made the two girls laugh at his ridiculous face.

Recovering from his little scare, the boy joined in the laughter. When they calmed down, Willow smiled and shouted for them to join her so they could also take flowers for their house. Grumbling a little, they went on their knees and grabbed the sickle of their friend, each taking colorful flowers for their home.

« See, it's not so bad ! » Smiling, the girl shaved a little of her shoulder on the side of Leo, while the only boy grumbled and refused to accept the fact that he enjoyed this a little.

« The reaping so tomorrow.. » Softly said Daph while laying down on the flowers, quickly joined by the other two as they looked at the blue sky. « And Willow's birthday is in a week ! She'll be 15 soon ! She'll be a big girl, I'm so proud.. » said Leo as the boy wiped a non-existent tear for dramatic effect. At this, both girls laughed and Daphne shoved him a little.

« Dude she'll be older than us ! God this is going to be annoying ! » Faking exasperation, the brown haired girl joined her friend in dramatics and placed her arm on her eyes, as if hiding them. « Hey ! ... When am I not annoying anyway ? » Smug smile on her face, Willow crossed her legs and tucked her arms under her head, glancing at the sky. She was scared and couldn't shake the feeling of dread and fear that seemed to be sticking inside her and hadn't left her for the past few days. Not able to keep it to herself, the girl moved her arms again and placed her hands on her chest, a troubled look on her face.

« What if I'm reaped ..? » Both looking at her with surprised faces, the boy smiled and leaned a little on her side while staring at the endless sky « Then you win, simple as that ! » Snorting a little, Daph sooned joined in and put her head on the shoulder of Willow « Yeah, it's not like you will be reaped though ! But with your big eyes, glass-framed of course, you will have the capitol's heart within a second ! »

With this, the blond haired girl smiled a little and pushed her glasses on her nose again, as they were slipping « Can you imagine a small girl with glasses in the Hunger Games though ? Wouldn't that be so funny ? » gigging a little Daph tried her best to cover her mouth to stop laughing when Leo had a thoughtful face on.

« Has there ever been a tribute with glasses ? Or even a victor ?... »

Loud silence as the question sinked in the minds of the two girls, they slowly turned their face towards the only boy and stared at him for a solid few seconds « oh my god he as a brain ... » Where the first words that came out of the mouth of the brunette, while the blond just stared at him with a shocked expression « I mean, ... there is the victor of the 35th Hunger Games, Beetee Latimer I think ... But I don't know if he got his glasses before or after his games ... » With her little input, the eyes turned on her again and the trio laughed at this.