25- you're macking on my brother

They weren't a particularly touchy pair. Neither of them craved physical touch and this was the longest they had stayed in contact. But not their eyes. Their eyes told a different story. Their eyes showed two people hopelessly addicted to each other. Their eyes made all the contact the pair needed. There was a whole love story concealed in the looks, glances and stares.

"I see Kie," JJ said once his gaze moved away from the beautiful girl before him. His voice was regretful like he didn't want to stop swaying next to his girl. Stevie felt this regret too. She didn't want to leave but she wouldn't show JJ that. She just couldn't. The wall around her heart forbade her.

"And the mission continues." She put the posh voice on to hide her true feelings, returning to the character as if the most beautiful moment of her life didn't just happen. She earnt a small pity smile from JJ before the pair split for their respective jobs.

"Meet me here in 5?" JJ asked to which Stevie nodded before turning away in the other direction. No matter what happens, that moment was frozen in time in her mind. It was perfect and nothing would change that.

"Sorry what?" Kie said as she noticed her Pogue friend at the Kookiest party in existence. She had to do a double take to see if her eyes were deceiving her or if it was Stevie Olivia Routledge.

"Surprise!" Stevie smiled as she walked up to the girl, "I know you probably hate it but you look unreal."

"Thanks, Steve," Kie smiled shyly, "you clean up nice too. But what the fuck are you doing here?"

"We're gonna be filthy rich." Stevie burst into a smile with childlike wonder. Kie didn't share the same enthusiasm as she looked still confused, "We're back in the G-game baby."

"I don't understand. The gold wasn't there." Kie protested.

"John B's got it sorted," Stevie said as she started to walk away to find Pope. "Don't worry about it but we're gonna ditch this thing. I'll tell you when."

Stevie weaved through the partygoers and made her way back to where she said she would meet JJ. She saw him get stopped by an old man who thought JJ was an actual waiter. "I found Pope and gave Sarah the letter," JJ told the girl, doing one of her jobs for her. The two were about to make their way out of the party's centre when JJ smacked into Rafe's chest with the posse of Kooks behind him.

"I'm wondering if you could get me a Mai Tai my friend," Rafe said threateningly as he held JJ's shoulders. Rafe made anyone, even a 6ft JJ, look small and inferior.

"Yeah Pogue, make that two." Kelce joined, threatening Stevie. JJ discreetly reached out for Stevie's hand and pulled her behind him protecting her from Rafe as he did at the Cinema night. The Kooks surrounded the two as JJ tried to bullshit them claiming to be busy as an actual waiter.

"Help yourself to some hors d'oeuvres," JJ and Stevie kept being pushed back by the income Kooks.

"Guys, JJ's gonna get us some hors d'oeuvres." Rafe beckoned other Kook boys over and it dawned on the two that they were hopelessly outnumbered on enemy turf. JJ calmly started speed walking towards the door of the country club, still holding onto Stevie's hand.

"Run," JJ whispered once they were in the building. Whilst being chased by Rafe and a collection of Kooks, JJ and Stevie pulled chairs and tables to block their way. They didn't care about the commotion they were causing and all the shocked Kooks that wanted to enjoy their midsummers, they were focused on escaping each other and not breaking the connection between their hands.

"In there." Stevie pointed out the men's restroom. She hoped that it would be public enough that people might be in there, so rafe can't go crazy, but there would also be locking doors. At this point she didn't care about gendered bathrooms, the concept is silly anyway, she just needed her and JJ to be safe.