Chapter 7

Flashback

It was the morning after Alexandria and Sam had slept together. It was seven o'clock in the morning. Sam had to leave to go home and get ready for work. Alexandria walked Sam to the front door.

"Last night was great." He said. "Come here." They kissed. "I love you."

"I love you too." "Have a good day."

"Bye."

"Bye." He left. They were both so happy.

Diana and Henry had come back later that afternoon.

Later that night Alexandria was asleep. Diana was in the upstairs bathroom. She'd accidentally knocked over the trashcan. When she did she saw the condom wrapper from the condom Sam used. She picked it up and went into the bedroom.

"Henry, we have a big problem." She said holding up the condom wrapper.

"That's it, we need to get her away from that boy."

"I agree."

The next morning when Alexandria woke up her phone wasn't on the nightstand. She took a shower, got dressed and went downstairs.

"Have you seen my phone mom?" She asked.

"You no longer get to have a phone." "Go pack, we're flying home on a noon flight."

"We're not supposed to leave until next week."

"Change of plans."

"I have to see Sam."

"You're never seeing him again." "Go pack."

"No."

"Now Alexandria." "You'll forget all about Sam in time."

"I love him."

"You're a child, you have no idea what love is."

"I hate you." She ran upstairs.

End Of Flashback

Alexandria and Sam had been talking a lot over the last two days. She would send him baby pictures and videos of Shawn. It was Friday morning. Sam was coming tomorrow. Alexandria had just walked into her office there was bouquet of roses on her desk. She opened the card. It read.

I know you've had a stressful week. I hope these roses cheer you up. I love you. – Caleb

She smiled. Sitting behind her desk she picked up her office phone and called Caleb's office number.

"Caleb Sheppard." He said answering the phone.

"Thank you honey."

"You're welcome."

"They did cheer me up."

"Good."

Later that afternoon Alexandria was just about to go to lunch. She got a text. It read.

How's your day going? – Sam

Good. – Alexandria

"Lunch." Beth asked coming into the room.

"Sure."

Sam was on the tour bus. Steve sat down next to him.

"You've been all smiles lately." Steve said.

"Of course, I just found out I'm a dad."

"Is that the only reason?" "It doesn't have anything to do with Alexandria?"

"I think she's engaged." "She's never mentioned him to me but I saw her engagement ring the night she told me about Shawn." "Even if I did still feel something, it's to late."

Later that night Alexandria was doing the dishes. Shawn had gone to bed. Alexandria felt Caleb's arms wrap around her.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." "Come here."

"I'm doing the dishes honey."

"Do them later." She turned around to face him. They kissed. He picked her up off the ground and they went upstairs.

Afterwards they were laying in bed.

"I've been thinking Alexandria, how would you feel about an October 3rd wedding?" Caleb asked.

"I think we can make that work." "I'll start looking at invitation samples."

"Great."

It was one o'clock in the morning. Caleb was asleep. Alexandria couldn't sleep. She was thinking about how tomorrow would go. She put on some pajamas and went downstairs to finish the dishes. Just as Alexandria finished the dishes she got a text. It read.

Are you up? I can't sleep. – Sam

Alexandria went and sat on the couch.

Yeah. I can't sleep either. – Alexandria

I'm so nervous about tomorrow but I'm excited to. – Sam

I'm just worried about how Shawn will take it. – Alexandria

I know. So am I. – Sam