Chapter 27

The twins were six months old. Shawn loved spending time with both of them. Alexandria and Sam's wedding was in two days. They were getting married at the lake in Atlanta. Shawn was on the floor playing with the twins.
"Tomorrow's gonna be fun." Shawn said to them. "You guys will have your first airplane ride."
"Ga." Katie said.
"Yeah, an airplane." "You guys will love it." The front door opened. Sam walked in.
"I'm home." He said.
"Hi dad."
"Hi." "What are you guys up to?"
"I was just telling the girls how fun their first airplane ride will be."
"Where's mom?"
"In the kitchen cooking."
Sam went into the kitchen. Alexandria turned and faced him.
"Hi." She said smiling.
"Hi." He said smiling back. They kissed.
"Dinner will be ready in about ten minutes."
"I'll set the table." He started setting the table.
"This hotel called today to confirm everyone is coming and the reservation for the ballroom for the reception."
"Do we really have to have separate rooms?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"It's tradition."
"What if I get lonely during the night?"
"I'm all yours forever in two days."
"You'll be fine."
"I don't think I will."
It was time for the wedding. A path had been cleared and a hundred white chairs set up facing the lake. The only two chairs that were empty, were the ones intended for Alexandria's parents who hadn't shown up. Sam was standing under a white archway with roses sticking out of it. Shawn was his best man. The twins were also in the front in their double stroller. Alexandria's music came on. As she walked out of a white tent that was set up, she had on a white and gold summer dress. She joined hands with Sam when she got to him. She looked at the two empty chairs in the front but wasn't surprised at all.
"Do you take this man to be your husband?" The priest asked.
"I do." She said happily.
He turned to Sam. "Do-
"Yes I do." Sam answered before he could finish.
"By the power invested in me, by the state of Georgia, I now pronounce you man and wife." "You may now kiss the bride." They kissed.
At the reception Alexandria was dancing with Shawn.
"Are you happy your dad and I are married?" She asked.
"Yeah." "To be honest, I wanted you to, not long after he started coming around."
"I figured."
Sam came up to them and looked at Shawn. "Can I cut in?"
"Yeah." Shawn went to sit with the twins.
Alexandria and Sam started dancing slow dancing.
"I can't believe we're married." She said happily. "I used to fantasize about this when I was pregnant with Shawn."
"The first time I told you I loved you, I knew I would propose to you someday."
"Now look at us, we're married with three children, and one on the way," She said smiling.
"What?"
"I'm pregnant."
Sam smiled. "We really need to start using something other then condoms."
"I know." They kissed.