Chapter 24

Alexandria and Sam were finding out the gender of the baby this week. She, Sam and Shawn were all very excited. Sam had moved into the house. After having sex Sam had his head on down by Alexandria's now visible baby bump. He was caressing her stomach. She was now four months pregnant.
"Hey you." Sam said talking to her stomach. They both felt the baby kick. Sam looked at Alexandria. "Did you feel that?"
"Yeah."
"Mommy, daddy and your big brother Shawn are so excited to find out what you are." "Daddy's a little nervous." "I didn't know your brother when he was a baby."
"Tell daddy he doesn't have to be nervous because mommy will teach him everything he needs to know about a baby."
Thursday night Alexandria, Sam and Shawn were sitting at the kitchen table eating dinner. Alexandria's doctor's appointment was tomorrow.
"What do you think the baby is Shawn?" Alexandria asked. "A boy or girl?"
"Girl."
"That's what I think to." "I want a girl." "Do you want a sister?"
"Yeah."
"What about you baby?" Alexandria asked looking at Sam.
"Little girl." Sam said.
The next day Alexandria was on an exam bed hooked up to the machine. Sam was with her.
"Congratulations, it's a girl." The doctor said.
"I knew it." Alexandria said happily and smiling.
"So did I." Sam said. He kissed Alexandria on the forehead.
Shawn had just gotten home from school. He went into the living room where Alexandria and Sam were.
"So?" He asked anxiously.
"You're gonna have a little sister." Alexandria said.
"I can't wait to meet her." "Her name's gonna be Samantha right?"
"Yes." "Samantha Ashley."
"Dad, we need to buy her a board."
Sam smiled. "She needs to learn how to walk first."
"I know but she'll be great at skating." "It's in our genes."