:1:

okii here we goooo :>

~•~•~•~

everything happened so fast. my acceptance to college, saying goodbye to hometown friends, first day of classes, and first day of basketball practice.

i leave my apartment after i finish planning my week ahead. balancing school work and sports can be tricky, but i have my strategies. i'm holding my gym bag along with my phone, keys, and headphones.

as i enter the gym, my body relaxes. the smell of the fresh floor cleaner and the sight of the big hawkeye logo in the center of the court. the only thing i notice that's not so positive is the fact that it is freezing cold up in this b. i'm sure it will feel nice later, but as of right now i can feel my hands start to drop in temperature.

i instantly spot the coach, ms. bluder talking with ms. jensen. it's crazy to be in their presence along with a few other girls who are warming up on the side. that's when my heart begins to pick up speed and i feel like bolting out the door.

coach bluder catches my gaze and give a welcoming smile. i take it as an invitation to her as i make my way over.

"ah y/n welcome!" she says with her arms wide. i go up and shake her hand firmly.

"hello coach bluder, it's so good to meet you in person." i turn my attention to the other woman standing before me. "hello coach jensen, how are you?" i say as shaking her hand as well.

"i'm well thank you y/n, we are so glad to have you on this team." coach bluder then puts her hand on my shoulder and can't help but think back to how my mom used to do the same. it was my moms way of telling me it's okay, and every time, i believed her.

"we won't take up anymore of your time, go ahead and warm up, stretch, and please introduce yourself to the girls!" she gives me another warm smile as i head over to the group of girls who have no problem inviting me into their conversation.

"hi! you must be y/n!" a girl with brown curly hair with blonde highlights waves me over.
"gabbie you sound creepy."  says a girl who brings the other girls' hand down. she had blond hair and a round face.
they both were beautiful.

i wave back and place my bag on the side and change into my court shoes while joining their little circle.
"okay so i'm going out on a limb and saying your names gabbie" i smile.
"haha yeahhhh, and this is monika" gabbie gestures to the girl beside her. "it's very nice to meet you guys." i say.

"kate come over here" monika taps the floor in the direction of a girl with headphones on. she looks up and quickly makes her way over.
"this is y/n" i smile and wave to her, offering a "hello" which she returns.

kate has blonde hair as well as skin that look like it belongs under the sun on a sandy beach.

"alright, everyone seems to be here on time, thank you. let's all circle up so i can formally introduce you all and your positions." coach bluder announces.

i hadn't even notice the other few girls that trickled in, but i'm excited to meet the people who i'm going to be working hard side by side with.

i take a deep breath before going to the circle that's forming in the center of the court. i stand between kate and monika and keep my eyes on the coach as she pulls out her clipboard.

~•~•~•~
comment, vote, etc :>