:6:

time to feed the children :>
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

we wake up with the sun, and i notice my back is cold. monika must have went to the bathroom or the kitchen. i open my eyes slightly, still tired from the late night.
i realize that caitlin and i didn't move much from last night, still basically hugging eachother.

i hear clatter in the kitchen, so i'm guessing monika is cooking something. i carefully remove my left arm from around caitlin and place it on her shoulder. i shake her gently, "linnie, wake up"

"hmmm" she groans, obviously annoyed that i'm waking her. "get up." i whisper.

"nooo" she groans once again. at this point, i think she realizes that her arms are around me and her head is next to my neck. she rises up and rubs her eyes, and i do the same.
"did you sleep okay?" i say as i try to distinguish this awkward tension.
"yeah, did you?"
"mhm, apart from monikas big rant of concern for sea turtles, we all fell asleep by 3." i take my hair out of my bun and head into the kitchen, caitlin follows behind me.
"good morning sleepy heads!" monika says with enthusiasm that's too early to be used.
"good morning moni, did you get enough sleep?" i reply to her. "yes, thank you. i hope we didn't keep you up too late."

"no worries, i'm always here for you girls." i smile at them both. "what are you making? caitlin asks looking over monikas shoulder.
"cinnamon muffins, they are so so good." she says and points to a big pile of them. "i was thinking we could take some to practice today for the girls."

"aww how sweet of you moni." i say.
we sit in the living room watching netflix and eating muffins. we finished an episode of (good tv show) when our phones start blowing up.

"ooo i think coach posted our photos!" caitlin says. we all open our phones and see a few posts that contain multiple photos and clips from media day. i see mckenna's clip where she's pointing to her jersey and the one of monika palming the ball.
"monika you're soooo fineee" i say showing the pic of her.
"omg staaahp" she plays back.
"oh shoot, we gotta get to practice." i say while gathering dishes and putting them in the sink. we all get dressed and fill our water bottles.
we head out, walking to the gym and meeting up with the girls.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

practice went along as usual. we warmed up, did some conditioning, and played practice games. we were all tired after the long practice, and coach bluder discussed this weeks game. it's going to be a home game which is good. it always feels more comfortable to play in your home court.

once coach bluder dismisses us, caitlin and i decide to stay for some extra practice. "i need to work on long passes. there's been so many opportunities for me to pass to hannah from across the court but...i don't know...i just feel like i can't pass that far." i explain to caitlin as she listens and nods her head every now and then.
"i don't know about you, but i think it's easier if you just do it." she says giving a know-it-all look.
"wow thanks, that was soooo insightful." i say trying to hold back a smile.
"okay but serious talk, let's see how far we can pass. and also see what we can improve on." she walks a little ways away and dribbles the ball a few times before passing it to me. i dribble and do the same as her. every time we would walk farther apart.
dribble, pass, dribble, pass.
run back
dribble, pass, dribble, pass.
run back
repeat repeat repeat

we were able to pass the ball over a few yards apart. i feel much better now about far passes now that we have practiced them over and over. "nice job n/n" caitlin says walking over.
"thanks, you too linnie" i say as i walk towards my stuff.
we sit on the floor of the gym and change our shoes. i open my phone to see an overwhelming amount of notifications.
"woah-" i almost whisper in a worried tone. "what what's wrong" she perks up in concern. i am quick to ease her worries by saying "sorry, nothing. people are tagging me in a bunch of stuff." i chuckle at the fact that i'm probably overreacting. i hear caitlin say "hm...the same is happening to me." my head pops up at that, similar to her reaction. "really? strange." i go back to my phone and open up instagram. i click on my notifications and see people leaving comments on pictures im tagged in. more specifically, the ones from media day.

.churros_forever: These are amazing!🔥

peachy.haily: @y/n.l/n is so pretty

i.am.da15y: let's go hawkeyes!!!

the comments put a smile on my face. it's weird being put out there and people just saying whatever about you. "what are people tagging you in.?" i ask caitlin, i notice she's been quiet. "just media day pictures," she says "oh same." i reply.
"they are talking about us." she then adds on.
"what? what do you mean?" she scoots closer and hands me her phone.

vintagebeas1:caitlin's muscle is insane🔥

vv.coo_17:these are too cute!

rub3boo0:who is the girl with caitlin
- ur._.mama: y/n l/n she's a beast
- rub3boo0: oh
- itz_marly: lowkey ship
- rub3boo0: girl what

scarl3tt: these pics tho👀

i hand her phone back "people can be weird." i say lighting up the mood
"yeah i guess" we start to gather our stuff and stand to start heading out the door.

"how are you feeling about this weeks game?" she asks me as we exit the gym. "i'm ready to play. of course i'm nervous because there's so much uncertainty behind how the game will go. but it can be fun that way." i smile, feeling like i could go on and on about basketball. i look at her to find her eyes already on me, "what" i say since i totally just caught her staring. she just shakes her head and carries on with the conversation. "i wonder if coach bluder gets nervous"

"oh definitely, she is literally locked onto the game and coach jen has to guide her away from bumping into things on the sidelines" we couldn't control our laughter.

"i thought i was the only one who noticed that, it's so funny." caitlin covers rubs her eyes which are now tearing up from the laughter.

we eventually get to our cars and say goodbye. "alright missy, i will see you tomorrow. " she pulls me in for a hug with an arm around my head.
"yeah yeah don't miss me too much" i joke and head to my car.