:5:

today is media day, aka the day where the team goofs off while taking pictures and video. currently, caitlin, monika, and i are at my apartment getting ready.

"okay," monika says from the bathroom, "hair in a cute spikey bun, or leave it down and curled?"

"curled!" caitlin and i say at the same time.
i had just put my jersey on and in the process of zipping a jacket over it so i don't get make up on it.
caitlin is running a flat iron through her hair while i am finishing up my makeup.
"how do you get that fresh look with makeup y/n? it looks so good." caitlin says while meeting my gaze in the mirror.
i smile and say "i'm a natural"
"um...could you do mine?" she asks a little quietly. i turn to her and say "of course!"

she takes out a small bag that holds her makeup. "this is all i got, is it good?"
"oh please, you don't need much" i say. i could not believe i said that. oh god. it just came out. oh jeez.

ok, whatever. stop stressing about it.

we are sitting on the edge of the bed; caitlin sitting criss-cross, and me on my knees so i am a bit above her. i have a window open to let in the natural light. i notice the way her eyes are a brighter shade of brown in this lighting, almost amber.

i snap out of it and start with small touches of concealer. i blend it out with the sponge as i go. after that i take her setting powder and lightly dust it on her face.
"that tickles" she whispers. we laugh and it takes us a sec to get back on track because every time we would get serious, we would make eye contact and start laughing all over again. "okokok serious mode"

i'm about to add the softest touch of mascara, but i can't get a comfortable view. i shift so i'm fully standing on my knees. in the process, i almost slip off the bed. luckily, caitlin puts a hand on my waist to steady me, "thanks" i whisper. i cant ignore the butterflies emerging. omg what. y/n stfu. i tell her to look past my shoulder as i put a hand on her check to steady the application. i brush on a few strokes for each eye, still feeling her hand on my waist. i sit back on my heels, leaving her touch, and letting out a breath,
"ok the hard part is over"

"tell me about it, your hands are cold" she jokes and i throw a glare her way. she smiles in response as i pull out some blush. once again, i sit on my knees. only this time, i don't feel her hand where it was. "okay smile!" i say, trying to see where to place the blush. she smiles very cheesily, overly stretching her smile.

once again, i lean back, giving her a 'really' look. "not like that caitlin." she gives me an offended look, but quickly resumes to a natural, small smile. i get back up on my knees and feel a familiar hand. i find myself smiling too while applying her blush.

i'm finished with her makeup, about to get down when monika enters the room. "omg i thought y'all were kissing!"
"what? omg moni" caitlin says
"ladies and gentlemen, monika czinano" i say sarcastically while getting down.

"listen it was just the way y'all were positioned and the angle- okay nevermind" she says fast, dismissing the topic.

"has anyone seen my small silver stud earrings?" i say, looking for them.
"they're over here y/n"
"thanks mon"

we gather our stuff and head over to the gym.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

monika is taking pictures with a basketball, showing off her palming skills.
"okay mon!!" i hype her up
just then, caitlin comes over with a small mic in her hands and a camera following her around.

"as you can see, we have many hype women on this team." caitlin says as she slings an arm over my shoulder. "right now monika is workin it, and she just got her hair done so it looks extra good." she turns to me and winks when she says 'extra' and i literally have to turn my head towards monika to hide my panic. who does she think she is.