fifteen

❤︎ chapter fifteen
cornelia street

cami sat in bed after her and maddie had hung up, reading through her texts but not responding, too drained to do much

cable car
cami, are you okay?
i love you so much
i'm so sorry

rudy
how you holding up?

madison
hey girl, keep your head high
ily 🫶🏻

pedro
cami wtf
i'm so sorry ilysm

chase
how are you, cami
whatever you need me and mads are here

cami climbed out of bed, slipping one of drew's shirts over her body before going out into the kitchen.

there was a note on the counter, and cami picked it up, reading drew's familiar handwriting.

i'm so sorry, cami. i love you. call me when you wake up, okay? filming ends early today so i'll be back soon.

she rubbed her eyes tiredly, pulling out her phone and dialling the familiar number.

he picked up on the second ring. "cami?"

"morning, drew."

he cleared his throat, and she could hear him tell whoever was in the room with him that he needed a minute. cami waited until she heard him stop moving.

"cami... if there's one thing out of my entire life that i could redo, it would be last night. i'm so sorry. i don't know what came over me... i had too much to drink, and i know that's not an excuse, but—"

"it's okay, drew," cami said softly. "i know you're not like that, and i think we just need to talk in person."

she stopped for a moment, having this thought for the first time. "unless you want to break up."

"never." drew told her quickly. "and i only have, like, two hours more of filming and then i'll be back. and we can talk about the... the press, too."

cami swallowed. "right. um, well, you should probably get back to filming."

"yeah. i love you, alright?"

"i love you, too."

cami would be lying if she said she hadn't practically chewed off all of her fingernails by the time drew got back. it was a nervous habit that she had been very good about for years, but the stress of what had happened was too much. her poor hands.